Thunderbolt screen twitches and becomes un responsive
Flipapotimus
Enthusiast - Level 2

So ive had my Thunderbolt 3 days now and on quiet a few ocasions i have had the screen become un responsive and it starts twitching around and switching screens at some times. Once i it happened when i was putting an app icon on a screen and it switched to several diffrent screens draging the icon along with it. Also happened once when trying to show a friend a picture, it started twitching and dragging the picture all over the place. I have tried hitting the back and home keys but they dont work and any thing i touch on the screen does not work. The only way i have got it to work correctly after it doing this is to lock then unlock. Those are only 2 instance that it has happened it has happened several times. I know when i take it to my authorized dealer in a few hours today it more than likely wont happen when showing them so i was wondering if there is anyway to fix this or talk them into giving me a new phone that does not do this. Any tips or suggestion on this or a way to make the phone stop this nonsense?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Thunderbolt screen twitches and becomes un responsive
Flipapotimus
Enthusiast - Level 2

did hard reset on phone and restored to factory settings and started the twitching right after reset. Talked to a tech at verison and im going into the store to get a brand new phone tomorrow. Ill flag this as solution. Guess i just got a bad phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Go into your settings to display an uncheck Automatic Brightness an also while your there go to Animations an check No animations if you have it. let me know if that worked for ya after doing this power off an then power up again.

0 Likes
Flipapotimus
Enthusiast - Level 2

sure enough when i TRY to recreate the problem it wont happen. when im just using the phone trying to normal stuff it happens. So ill use it today and see if it happens anymore or not. I do like the animations on though lol.

0 Likes
Flipapotimus
Enthusiast - Level 2

so i turned off the animations and the auto brightness and it still happened. i stoped by a local verizon store and one of the customer service reps told me it was one of the apps i had downloaded and i should systematically start removing them untill i find the culprit. im sorry but this sounds like **bleep** to me. so i think im just going to remove every app i have downloaded and see what happens.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

it actually "could be" the culprit. the great thing about android is the openness of it. the bad thing about android is the opnness of it. there are plenty of apps on the market that will cause glitches to your phone. this may or may not be the case here.

0 Likes
Flipapotimus
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have removed every app that i have downloaded and restarted the phone. I am waiting to see if it happens again. If this happens to be the solution for the problem i will mark it as solved. If it does it again ill post again. Thanks for your time.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

just a suggestion....but what i do is only install one or two apps in a day. this way, if my device starts getting screwy, i know which app to uninstall.

0 Likes
Flipapotimus
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok as i said i removed all the apps that are on the phone. the only 2 left are the marketplace and maps, which only give me the option to uninstall updates. If anyone else has any other suggestions i would love to hear them otherwise i guess i am going back to the verizon store tomorrow.

0 Likes
Flipapotimus
Enthusiast - Level 2

did hard reset on phone and restored to factory settings and started the twitching right after reset. Talked to a tech at verison and im going into the store to get a brand new phone tomorrow. Ill flag this as solution. Guess i just got a bad phone.

0 Likes