Thunderbolt update 1.70.605.0
doghs8

I just installed the latest Thunderbolt update and now about 50% of the time when i reply to a text message it sends the message to a random person in the messages list instead of the person i meant to send it to.  Anyone else seeing this?  Anyone know how to revert back to the earlier revision?

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt update 1.70.605.0
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
There is no official way to revert to the previous version of the OS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Sam_K
Enthusiast - Level 3

doghs8 wrote:

I just installed the latest Thunderbolt update and now about 50% of the time when i reply to a text message it sends the message to a random person in the messages list instead of the person i meant to send it to.  Anyone else seeing this?  Anyone know how to revert back to the earlier revision?

Yes I started experiencing this after the update.  It sounds like the same Android text messaging bug that was reported late last year and supposedly acknowledged and fixed by Google in January has reappeared in this latest software release.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/31/android-still-has-horrible-text-messaging-bugs-thatll-get-you-f/

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/android-text-messaging-bugs-acknowledged-fixes-detailed/

If Verizon and HTC don''t acknowledge and fix this bug soon, I will be [Edited to comply with Terms of Service] my phone and installing one of the software builds that have been released.

0 Likes
Sam_K
Enthusiast - Level 3

Apparently another update is coming soon that will fix the SMS issues.  Here's a link to thr rumor.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Another-software-update-due-for-the-HTC-ThunderBolt-soon_id20411

0 Likes
Zigg

The whole issue regarding this update is a little ridiculous, personally.

The update was supposed to be 1.70.605.2 which included: Andriod 2.3.4 with HTC Sense 2.1 (why it wasn't Sense 3.0, I don't know... stupid VZW I guess); Skype compatibility; gTalk; some other goodies; and of course, some other junk that will just run in the background all the time that kills battery life, such as MyVerizon and other wonderful apps.
In addition, this update hasn't solved any of the aforementioned issues with the phone.  The only issue I have seen it solve is the one with the SMS drafts inserting in the beginning of every text (which is the only reason I upgraded to this update.  So for the problem of attempting to open a text message at the top of the list and it opening the one at the bottom, THIS IS ANNOYING AND A KNOWN PROBLEM WITH ANDRIOD 2.2.1.

For any Verizon Reps reading this post:

Please, for the sake of the customers (many of whom do not enjoy the views of Verizon on the subject of "Customer Service",) give us the upgrade to Andriod 2.3.4 with Sense 3.0 without any additional software.

0 Likes
adarnold542

This happened to me as well... went into a text message, fully typed a response, pressed send, then...whoops... went to someone else.

Pretty unacceptable.  Could you imagine certain types of messages going to the wrong people?  That would be awful.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Zigg wrote:

The whole issue regarding this update is a little ridiculous, personally.

The update was supposed to be 1.70.605.2 which included: Andriod 2.3.4 with HTC Sense 2.1 (why it wasn't Sense 3.0, I don't know... stupid VZW I guess); Skype compatibility; gTalk; some other goodies; and of course, some other junk that will just run in the background all the time that kills battery life, such as MyVerizon and other wonderful apps.
In addition, this update hasn't solved any of the aforementioned issues with the phone.  The only issue I have seen it solve is the one with the SMS drafts inserting in the beginning of every text (which is the only reason I upgraded to this update.  So for the problem of attempting to open a text message at the top of the list and it opening the one at the bottom, THIS IS ANNOYING AND A KNOWN PROBLEM WITH ANDRIOD 2.2.1.

For any Verizon Reps reading this post:

Please, for the sake of the customers (many of whom do not enjoy the views of Verizon on the subject of "Customer Service",) give us the upgrade to Andriod 2.3.4 with Sense 3.0 without any additional software.

It was stated early on from most sources that MR2 wouldn't be Gingerbread so not sure why some expected that not to be the case.  And I doubt we'll see Sense 3.0 since HTC was quoted as saying older handsets wouldn't get it in it's entirety but that they would try incorporating some aspects of 3.0 but they haven't done so yet. Will say that GB and Sense 3.0 runs quite well on the Thunderbolt.  Verizon should just hire Team BAMF and skip the middle man.    

0 Likes
Joebok

I have had a different problem since the mid-July update - overnight my phone seems to invariably lose its data connection  and I have to reboot the device for it to reconnect again.  I have tried toggling airplane mode, wi-fi, and using LTE On/Off - the only thing that connects it up again is reboot.  Note it does not drop to 3G, it does not drop to 1x - just no data connection at all.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@Joebok.
I was having a similar situation to you where my data would just drop in the middle of the day while I was using it. I got the OTA update on the morning of Wednesday July 13th. After the update my data would just drop up to twenty times or so. The only warning I had was my extra EDVO signal bar from a signal strength application that I use. The extra signal bars would go from red (has signal) to white (no signal). Then I would lose the 3G symbol. It would eventually reconnect, but sometimes it would take a while. However I did notice that each day after the data drops were decreasing. By Friday, I think it was down to less than five drops during the day. I didn't see any on Saturday or Sunday, but I didn't use my phone as much as I do during the week. Because I was seeing the data drops, I had decided to complete a factory reset during the weekend. I finally got the time to do the factory reset in the later part of Sunday afternoon.

Since doing the factory reset, I haven't seen any data drops especially in the location where I was having the majority of them the week before.

It might be worth it for you to do a factory reset too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@Joebok
Read this thread for a factory reset steps.

I have heard that My Backup Pro will restore most of your information, but I'm cheap so I go for other options.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-Incredible-2-by-HTC/Google-Account-Missing/m-p/591640/highlight/tr...

0 Likes