Re: Thunderbolt update 1.70.605.0
TuckerMaxx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I myslef had the some issue with dropped data... so the store Rep said "yeah you need to pull the battery atleast once a day to refresh settings...afterall it is a computer" I about had to shake a leg..for I was gonna crap on his shoe..." then stated that more than llikely id need a software update.. so after pulling the battery for 2 days.. I reluctantly upgrade.. then thats when all H eee double hockey sticks.. froze over.. for it cause random reboots, would be on a call, then out of the blue Id hear ringing followed by "Sorry the number you;ve dialed has been change" (was not touching the phone either of the 4-6 times this happened... then of course Data signal dropping.. went through 2 referbs and a news 4GLTE SIM and still no dice.. said they were putting in a network ticket.. ehhh and when asked about SCREENSHOTS, and as soon as I said my iphone did it.. call was dropped.. GO FIGURE... What am

i gonna do...

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

doghs8 wrote:

I just installed the latest Thunderbolt update and now about 50% of the time when i reply to a text message it sends the message to a random person in the messages list instead of the person i meant to send it to.  Anyone else seeing this?  Anyone know how to revert back to the earlier revision?

Hi doghs8,

I understand your discontent about messages sent to the wrong contact. As I checked my resources I learned that there is no way to revert your device to an earlier software version. My resources also indicate that clearing the message Data/Cache has solved similar issues for other customers. Please follow instructions below to clear message Data/Cache.

Menu>Settings>Applications>ManageApplications>All>Messages then Clear Data and Clear Cache if available. Please note that this will delete your current text messages. You can save any important messages by sending those important messages to yourself via email prior to completing the above instructions.

0 Likes
M1509

I am having the same prb. My messages are being sent ot random people in my directory, and has caused some conflict. I thought that it was some type of fluke, but it's occuring once every other day since I updated to the 1.7 version. Now I'm sending a test msg just to make sure that  I get the right person. Is there a fix for this new issue?

0 Likes
Sam_K
Enthusiast - Level 3

I fixed the issue by using the Handcent app for text messaging instead of the built in messaging app.  The problem doesn't occur with Handcent, only the built in messaging app.  You can download Handcent from the app market.  It is way better and has much more functionality than the build in messaging app anyway.  Here is a link to the app in the app market or you can just search for "Handcent" in the market app on your Thunderbolt.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.handcent.nextsms&feature=search_result

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks community for your responses and everyone for sharing your concerns. 

I understand this issue can be frustrating and that would be a huge inconvenience with text messages going to the wrong number. This issue has been escalated to our product team along with HTC and Google. We were advised this will be fixed with the Gingerbread update, but we don't have a timeframe on the Gingerbread release at this time. 

0 Likes
Sam_K
Enthusiast - Level 3

I forgot to mention that when you use Handcent as your text messaging app simply turn off notifications from the regular messages app so you don't get text message notifications from both apps.  After you install Handcent your phone will have more than one app to perform text messaging so when you compose a text message you'll be prompted to select an app to use to create the text message.  Just remember to select Handcent. 

0 Likes
Sborden
Enthusiast - Level 3

FYI

The new version of Handcent has the option to turn off the default/stock messaging app notifications for you.  

0 Likes
Cowboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

i use handcent exclusively . have since the droid x...   it can sometimes be a bit bulky, but it is a great app.. much better than stock messaging

0 Likes
DrY

Is there a timeline to Gingerbread for Thunderbolt? My DroidX updated several days ago...

0 Likes
turge

AntonioC_VZW wrote:

doghs8 wrote:

I just installed the latest Thunderbolt update and now about 50% of the time when i reply to a text message it sends the message to a random person in the messages list instead of the person i meant to send it to.  Anyone else seeing this?  Anyone know how to revert back to the earlier revision?

Hi doghs8,

I understand your discontent about messages sent to the wrong contact. As I checked my resources I learned that there is no way to revert your device to an earlier software version. My resources also indicate that clearing the message Data/Cache has solved similar issues for other customers. Please follow instructions below to clear message Data/Cache.

Menu>Settings>Applications>ManageApplications>All>Messages then Clear Data and Clear Cache if available. Please note that this will delete your current text messages. You can save any important messages by sending those important messages to yourself via email prior to completing the above instructions.

I don't buy that for a second. Theres ALWAYS a backdoor that companies put in. Verizon just doesn't want people to acess it although it's pretty much the same thing as root acess which they frown upon but use to update the phone. The reason I'm upset is that my phone autoupdated itself without my approval while I was SLEEPING. I was waiting for the Gingerbread release since 1.70.605.0 is bugged. Please do the Thunderbolt community a favor in allowing us to go back to a [b]stable build[/b] and having superuser so we can get rid of the junk bloatware that is installed with the phone.

0 Likes