Thunderbolt update to Ice Cream Sandwich.
kaspe67

Is the  Thunderbolt getting Ice Cream Sandwich?

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt update to Ice Cream Sandwich.
RMLJ
Contributor - Level 1
Not at the moment got to get working GB before that discussion lol. Anyway its working so far.
0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

kaspe67 wrote:

I kind of doubt it, unfortunately.  HTC's sense is a heavy layover UI and the TBolt seems to be fading off their priority list rather quickly.  But, only time will tell.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I agree with demmo86rt,, I have seen the SDK run on the Nexus and wasnt very smooth so unless they refine the codes the resources of the TB may not cut it for a ICS upgrade..  

Thats just a opinion, who knows what could happen but at this time I believe it wont get the upgrade,

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

demmo86rt wrote:

kaspe67 wrote:

I kind of doubt it, unfortunately.  HTC's sense is a heavy layover UI and the TBolt seems to be fading off their priority list rather quickly.  But, only time will tell.

While I do agree to a point...  HTC went on record to say they are making Sense "leaner and meaner".  If they can pull that off then there is possibly a better shot for the TB to get ICS.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
It would be nice to get ICS on the Thunderbolt, but I'm not going to count on it coming until it actually happens.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pmkoul
Contributor - Level 1

im just happy we got gingerbread......anything else would just be a bonus

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

the incredible got GB after it was over a year old, so i wouldn't count out ICS on the tbolt just yet.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

AZSALUKI wrote:

the incredible got GB after it was over a year old, so i wouldn't count out ICS on the tbolt just yet.

Though I have to say...  The incredible was one of their best sellers, and the Thunderbolt wasn't though.  So it's hard to say  I still see more Incredibles than I do see Thunderbolts...   I actually see more charges here than I see Thunderbolts.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i NEVER see incredibles (except mine)? which i find odd because i thought it was a fantastic device. who knows? the tbolt may not get it, considering that it will be next spring/summer before verizon pushes any ICS updates anyhow. but the incredibale had an end of life back in march (i think?) and got GB 5-6 months after EOL.