Thunderbolt vs Incredible 2
NJdominator

Hi everyone!  I just bought the Thunderbolt last night.  I was leaning towards teh Incredible 2 because I heard so much bad press about the TB battery life.  The sales person convinced me to go with the TB since she had one and loved.  Now I see all the posts and worried I made the wrong decission.  Any thoughts between the 2 phones?

Also, the voicemail icon on the desktop does not show new vm.  Only when I turn the screen on/off does it show new vm.  Is that correct?

Any advice on battery life apps?

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt vs. Incredible 2
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

A Voicemail icon appears in the notification bar (at the top of the screen). If you pull that down you will see you have a voicemail waiting, tapping on that calls for you.

As far as TB vs. Inc2 I'd go with the TB too. It has it's flaws (hopefully being addressed) but it is 4G and I'm smack dab in the middle of solid red coverage:smileyvery-happy:. The Inc2 does have global capabilities as a plus if you need to travel. So it's really a case of how and where you are going to use your phone. I'm mostly satisfied with my TB and it's capabilities but then again my wife would kill me if I tried to take her iPhone4.(to each his or her own:smileywink:)

0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt vs Incredible 2
AZSALUKI
Legend

NJdominator wrote:

Hi everyone!  I just bought the Thunderbolt last night.  I was leaning towards teh Incredible 2 because I heard so much bad press about the TB battery life.  The sales person convinced me to go with the TB since she had one and loved.  Now I see all the posts and worried I made the wrong decission.  Any thoughts between the 2 phones?

Also, the voicemail icon on the desktop does not show new vm.  Only when I turn the screen on/off does it show new vm.  Is that correct?

Any advice on battery life apps?

keep in mind that these forums are mostly populated with those peolple that have isues. there are hundreds of thousands of tbolt owners out there with no issues (i'm one of them). just do a keyword search for "thunderbolt battery life" and you will see many threads with tips on how to get more life. i don't do that much to preserve mine. i use full brightness, synch my email, etc, etc....and i get through a full day with no problems. your coverage in your area will have A LOT to do with it. if you get poor service where you live and work, then it will be pretty poor battery life. if you're not in a 4g area, then download the app "LTE onOff" and leave LTE (4g) off.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I am quite happy with my Tbolt. However I don't live in a 4G LTE area. If the Dinc2 had been released when I chose to get a new phone, I would have seriously considered it. I was upgrading from a Droid Eris and both the Thunderbolt or the Dinc2 would have been a good jump in specifications and size. :smileyhappy:

I am getting at least the battery life out of the Tbolt that I was getting out of the Droid Eris. I can't complain.
So it does depend on what you are upgrading from to decide on the Thunderbolt or the Dinc2.

BTW, I'm connecting to eHPRD (3G) again today and I haven't messed with any settings in last week or more.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

I have the T-bolt I miss my Droid X and I'd take a DINC2 over the T-bolt right now if it was offered to me. 

0 Likes
RalphT
Contributor - Level 3

I have not purchased the Thunder bolt or the Incredible 2, but have heard good things about both of the phones.   If you decide to return your phone, I have provided information below on our return policy as well as a link that will take you to our My Verizon website for more details. 

You may return or exchange wireless devices and accessories purchased from Verizon Wireless within 14 days of purchase. A restocking fee of $35 ($70 for notebooks and tablets) applies to any return or exchange of a wireless device (excluding Hawaii).http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/globalText?textName=RETURN_POLICY&jspName=footer/returnPolicy.jsp...

If you are still having problems with your voicemail indicator, please reply to the private message with your mobile number, your name and a contact number. I will contact you to provide troubleshooting assistance.

Optimizing your phone’s battery life:

You can set the phone to automatically switch to power saving mode when the battery level reaches a certain level. Press HOME > MENU, and then tap Settings. Tap Power saver.Select the Enable power saver check box.Tap Turn power saver on at, and then select when to switch to power saver mode. In the Power saver settings section, set and select the phone behavior when the phone switches to power saving mode.

This information can be found on page 322 of your owners manual.  I have provided a link to the manual below:

http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/htc_thunderbolt/thunderbolt_manual.pdf

0 Likes