Thunderbolt will NOT connect to 4G
swamper8

Greetings all,

Just got a Thunderbolt.  Confirmed via Verizon's website that my home/town is a 4G/LTE covered area.  But my phone only connects to 3G. (and even with that I get only one or two bars)  Can anyone tell me why I can't connect to 4G? I couldn't find a seperate option to turn ON/OFF the 4G radio, so I assumed that the 3G/4G radio get turned on and off at the same time.  I've read that some TB's have issues with the 4G radio.   Should I just take this to a Verizon store or are there things I can do/check?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Thunderbolt will NOT connect to 4G
MikeSobe
Contributor - Level 1

Hi swamper8,

If you go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks>Network Mode you can check to see if LTE/CDMA is checked.

Also under Settings>Wireless & Networks make sure that under Mobile network is says Connected.  If it says connection failed or connect to the internet or anything uncheck the box and check it again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I don't know much about the 4G aspect of the TBolt, but you may want to double check that the LTE SIM card is fully inserted, as the 4G service won't work without it.

0 Likes
MikeSobe
Contributor - Level 1

Hi swamper8,

If you go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks>Network Mode you can check to see if LTE/CDMA is checked.

Also under Settings>Wireless & Networks make sure that under Mobile network is says Connected.  If it says connection failed or connect to the internet or anything uncheck the box and check it again.

0 Likes