To update or not to update?
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Today I'm getting my third replacement ( refurb ) Thunderbolt. Yes I said third, I got my first one due to " memory module problems" as HTC warranty dept. put it, because all my texts would randomly delete and plenty of other issues. I returned the first replacement TB because the grayish black piece below the screen feel off and it randomly rebooted. Then I returned the second replacement because of light from the lower buttons would shine out the bottom of the screen and it had by far the worst connection issues of all the other Thunderbolts I already had. So far every replacement I have gotten never comes with the new software so I have had to update all three Thunderbolts and honestly I can only find that they are all worse than my original Thunderbolt. So I want to take a poll if you got an un-updated Thunderbolt today would you bother to do the update? 

0 Likes
Re: To update or not to update?
AZSALUKI
Legend

it depends. if it works just fine, then i would not. if it has all of the issues you had before, then i would try it. my original tbolt worked just fine (besides taking a long time to lock in my location on nav) so i haven't installed the update. if it aint broke, don't fix it!

0 Likes
kentman
Enthusiast - Level 3
I would not update.
0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Well I have the new refurb device in hand and it's still running 1.12.605.6 and I think I'm going to leave it for now. I think I'll leave it till the next time tech support asks me what version it has then make them sit on the phone and wait with me for it to update 😄

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Wow they will do that. I just got a replacement luckily I don't have the software that reboot. Mine with it did it 6 times in 1 day. Will it force it when it gets it? If I need tech will they think it needs the update and make me have it?
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I was seeing little bad signal this morning without it but now I'm fine getting good hrs without charging it. Lasted all day since 11amish fully charged doing some surfing web little texting and things.
0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Nooooo the update started loading itself.... I guess its settled, touche verizon. Weired I couldn't get the update unless on 1X and this phone just started doing while on the charger. 

@gina7289, one of the first things that tech support asks is what software version is it running. 

0 Likes