I have had nothing but issues with my thunderbolt since the ICS update. It takes FOREVER for the phone to respond to what ever function I want it to do (i.e. send message, call) and keeps changing my sound settings that have since decreased in volume even when the volume is all the way up.
Is there a way to back out and go to the O/S version before the ICS up date ? can't play videos, get some texts not all have to get to phone contact list to send a Msg. Can't play movies I have on flixter. I don't see any advantage to this ICS.
What 2000 pounds of issues are you having?
I had a tone that would go off that was never tied to anything
Volume dropped on many apps, though turn to max
One app would not make a tone at all.
Screen response was slow
Last week, I backed up, and finally did my factory reset. Phone and apps are running just fine
Sent from my iPad
I was blessed with this "update" last month and saw my phone go from rock solid to absolute junk overnight. Slow doesn't even begin to describe how the phone was running. Some posts said to wait it out, which did nothing. I finally did a factory reset yesterday after backing up my pictures and videos. It's annoying to have lost all of my messages (which I didn't bother backing up), but I think I have my phone back. There have been mixed reviews but factory reset worked for me.
As for flash video, I think that's gone unless you root the phone. Of course that brings its own hassles. Chrome seems to be the best browser at giving you the option of viewing videos in html5 since flash isn't supported.
Hey there Skadoodle. It sounds like the Thunderbolt is losing its energy and its time for us to recharge it. I know it is annoying when you phone starts to respond slow, because a lot of times we use our phones to quickly check the browser for news and updates.
To speed things up with the Thunderbolt to get it back to the speeds you are used to, please follow the steps below:
1. Clear cache from applications - This can be done under settings>Apps >Downloaded Tab. You can sort by size and clear the cache for the applications.
2. Update applications from Play Store - This can be done under Play store app.
3. Moving applications to the SD card - Some applications can be moved to SD card. To do this, you should go to Settings > Apps > SD card tab > Move to SD card.
4. Uninstalling applications from the device - To uninstall unwanted applications, customer should go to Settings > Apps > Downloaded Tab. Now select the application and click Uninstall.
5. Clearing out old text messages.
Please try these steps for me Skadoodle and keep us updated on results.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport