Two Issues: Thunderbolt loses 3g/4g Service and I am unable to get it back. And removing apps
bishopsring

1. I have an issue of having 3g/4g Service in McKinney, TX, and then Plano, TX. Once I get off the bus and reach my final destination for work in Addison, TX, I lose 3g/4g and I am unable to find any unsecured wifi spots. So, I do not have any data. Sure, I can call from the phone, but I have a landline. During lunches I would normally check my email personal, RSS feeds and then some other stuff. But that does not happen when I lose my 3g/4g service.

I have tried to remove the battery and sim card and restart. That does not work. This has become common and is likely to continue.

2. I dont want the blockbuster app. I can remove other apps, but I want the bloated software apps that you put on my device removed. I am never going to use blockbuster. I hate them. Everyone else can enjoy them, but I dont and I would like to remove apps that I can not normally remove because you have blocked them. Any ideas? I am already paying a high price for the use of the phone, at least give me the option to remove the bloatware.

0 Likes
Re: Two Issues: Thunderbolt loses 3g/4g Service and I am unable to get it back. And removing apps
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Can't help with number one. Have you had 3G in that area before with a different phone?

As for number two, read this link.
http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/Crapware/td-p/482698

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Two Issues: Thunderbolt loses 3g/4g Service and I am unable to get it back. And removing apps
FAUguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found this posted on the Verizon support forum by a customer, he said to go into the Wireless Settings/Mobile Network menu and uncheck the Data Roaming box and change the Select System from Automatic to Home Only. After you do that, turn the phone off and back on. I did that earlier today and so far it has stayed on 4G and hasn't bounced between 3G and 1X like it has been over the past few days.

If anyone is having issues keeping a 4G signal, you might want to give that a try.

0 Likes