Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unable to pull ANY updates
PatrizioD

I've had my Rezound since it debuted, and I love the phone. Gorgeous screen, great audio, and solid tech specs. My only complaint is I have a complete inability to pull any updates whatsoever. I've seen that people got an update a few months back that gave 5 service bars and put the software up to 2.01.605.11. I never received this update, and because of that I dont meet the prerequisite to install the ICS update. I've factory reset my phone--losing everything that wasnt backed up in the process--and still cant manually pull any updates. Has anyone had a similar problem and come up with a solution? Here's a screenshot I took last night...

2012-08-12_21-12-53.jpg

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Unable to pull ANY updates
demmo86rt
Leader
Leader

I'm wondering if the original update hasn't been pulled from their servers (due to an assumption that everybody got it already), leaving you like a stick in the mud.  I have heard of people getting warranty exchanges due to not receiving upgrades, so you may want to call tech support and see if they can help.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to pull ANY updates
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

PatrizioD, I’m glad you’re happy with your Rezound and I want to ensure we can get it to receive updates!  I noticed on the screenshot you included, the device is connected to a WiFi network.  Have you tried to pull the updates while connected to the Verizon Wireless 3G/4G network?  I would also ensure the device has the most current Preferred Roaming List (PRL) to ensure it’s not outdated.  This is done, simply, by removing & reinserting the SIM card.  http://goo.gl/Q1AfG  Then try to pull the update again.  http://goo.gl/Rn0T4  Let me know how this works out for you.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
losvaldez

I feel your pain.  I can't pull the ICS update.  Customer service said "Be patient.. Ten days after release you can pull it by checking manually from your phone."  Never happened.  Customer service put in a request to force the update and would take up to 5 days (which I was previously told was not possible and had to wait the 10 days).  Day 2 and still nothing. I was told this does not warrant a replacement as the TEC coverage is only for last or damaged phones and the warranty only covers a manufactures defect.  I guess software issues fall under None of the above. 

0 Likes
PJNC284

If none of that works, there's a RUU floating around that can be manually flashed in hboot.  It will wipe everything but will get you on the current ICS.

0 Likes