Unlock screen - ICS issues
KnitAndTheCity
Enthusiast - Level 2

No matter what I choose for an unlock screen - it doesn't work.  Before ICS - I set my unlock screen to nothing but the pull ring.  After ICS - I setup the Face Unlock.  It says successful, but the ring still shows up.  I then tried changing to a pattern or pin....same thing.  The new unlock screen doesn't show up.

I restarted.  Pulled the battery.  No change.

Was considering a factory reset but thought I'd post here first.  Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlock screen - ICS issues
KnitAndTheCity
Enthusiast - Level 2

Doh!  User error.  But in case anyone else was confused like me...in the Security setting options, there is an option to "Lock phone after".  Mine was set to 15 minutes.  That meant that even if my phone was off - it wouldn't actually lock for 15 minutes.  I set it to "Immediately" and as soon as I turn it off - it locks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
KnitAndTheCity
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went ahead and factory reset the phone...still doesn't work.

0 Likes
KnitAndTheCity
Enthusiast - Level 2

Doh!  User error.  But in case anyone else was confused like me...in the Security setting options, there is an option to "Lock phone after".  Mine was set to 15 minutes.  That meant that even if my phone was off - it wouldn't actually lock for 15 minutes.  I set it to "Immediately" and as soon as I turn it off - it locks.

0 Likes