Update server down?
doubledown

I'm attempting to update an old HTC Rezound, and am getting a message that the update server is down (been trying for the past 6-7 hours).   Is the server really down or is there something wrong with my phone?

When I go to Software Update -> Check New, it displays a box that says "New Software Update from Verizon Wireless.  Size: 7.1 MB Description: This software update will prepare your Rezound for the coming Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) software upgrade".  I press "OK", and after a few seconds get a message saying the server is unavailable.  Voice and data work fine, able to text, surf web, etc.. with no problems.

Android Version: 2.3.4

HTC Sense Version: 3.5

Software Number: 2.01.605.11

0 Likes
Re: Update server down?
calklein

Ditto here

I have been trying to update my phone for the last 3 days too.   Also running software 2.01.605.11.   I moved my sim card to my old HTC Thunderbolt and it updated to Ice Cream Sandwhich as well as installed the latest firmware update without problems today.   When I moved my sim back to the rezound, the phone detects the firmware update to prep the phone for ICS, but when attempting to download it, I am getting the "server unavailable error"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Calklein & @Doubledown,

I appreciate you bringing forth your concern to the forum. Let's get this software update working for you.

If possible, I ask that you download the software update via Wi-Fi. The size of the the over the air update may require the update to be completed via Wi-Fi. If you still stumble on an issue with the software update. Please place the device in Safe Mode to ensure that a third party application is not interfering. http://vz.to/vDpqOD

YosefT_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
eddiez_momma831

have been trying to download the update as well for about a week...it starts then a "service unavailable" error pops up...even on wi-fi with full battery Smiley Sad

0 Likes
huntin4bb

same thing here.  COME ON VERIZON  FIX THIS!!!

0 Likes