Update was there, now it's gone!
Capricorn01

My thunderbolt kept getting the update new software is now available, I would try to download and get an error message. Today, I attempted to download the update and when it checks for updates get the "no new updates available," what gives? I called Verizon support and was told to reboot, which I did and still same issue. The tech said she has no idea where the update went that it's an HTC issue. So, is the update coming to my phone or not? I recently had it factory reset so that's not the issue, the cache is cleared (I assume, since everything was reset). So, should I just forget about the new upgrade and stick with 2.11.605.9 version that I have installed?

0 Likes
Re: Update was there, now it's gone!
Topowest

Thank your lucky stars your phone wasn't ruined by this update.  I'm guessing there were so many problems that HTC and or Verizon pulled the update at least I hope so.  Pretty bad for those who already got it because there's no way to go back.

0 Likes
averagejoe1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Maybe you are right. I also have not been able to get the update but I just recently activated the phone with a new sim. It states their is no updates available. I wonder if a fix or better update is coming soon?

The problem for me is the phone is stuck with 2.2.1  so 90% of the apps I have purchased I can't install. It seems like it's a lose-lose either way Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

averagejoe1 wrote:

Maybe you are right. I also have not been able to get the update but I just recently activated the phone with a new sim. It states their is no updates available. I wonder if a fix or better update is coming soon?

The problem for me is the phone is stuck with 2.2.1  so 90% of the apps I have purchased I can't install. It seems like it's a lose-lose either way Smiley Sad

If your phone still has Android 2.2.1 on it, you have a bigger challenge to even get the ICS update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
averagejoe1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't understand why it says no updates available when I don't even have  gingerbread? I hope I am not out of luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Capricorn01

I appreciate you bringing this to the attention of the forum. I'm terribly sorry to hear that you have experienced a difficult time downloading this particular update. The software update can take 3-4 weeks to be pushed to a device after the software update has been released. At this time, I would then suggest attempting to pull the software update to the device by heading into Settings > Software Update > Check New.

In addition, keep in mind that the software update will not be able to uploaded while roaming. If you are roaming you will need to connect to a Wi-Fi signal.

YosefT_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Capricorn01

I appreciate your help.

1. I am at home and not roaming, also those are the steps that I have been taking. Settings > software update >check new > accept > wait....download failed. Perhaps that's a good thing as:

2. My husband had his update go through and now his phone random calls numbers. When he attempts to dial a number, nothing happens.

3. I dial him and it goes no where, no voice mail, just rings.

4. Cell was fine before the update that occurred 24 hours ago on his phone.

5. Looks like this update has made his cell useless. What are the steps to correct this?

0 Likes
Capricorn01

My husband's cell got the update during the night. Now his cell does random dialing, and when we try to call him it just rings on my end and goes no where on his end. Trying to connect to the internet is useless as it now says 'no network' even though we are at home and have our own wi-fi. As far as trying to use the Verizon network, it appears to have gone somewhere other than on our cell. For instance, yesterday I was at a physician's appointment and trying to reach him to let him know "I'm done, pick me up" and texted, called, nothing. I got stuck waiting outside until he came back at the designated time. This update appears to be useless. While we were home (hours later) the text came in. The call never did come through as I couldn't leave a message and his cell just rang on my end. Tech support stated, uninstall the battery and reset your phone. Done that, still have the same problem with his phone.

0 Likes
jedikrem

I'm having the same problem!!  I recently bought the phone, got a new SIM card for it, and when I check for updates, it simply says "No updates available."  I'm also running android 2.2.1.  What gives?  Shouldn't I be able to update to at least 2.3.4?

0 Likes
Capricorn01

As of today, Feb 27, still no update, but some days it does show up and try to download. The phone will randomly state "update starting" and I hit "okay" and nothing. Which is fine considering the issues my husband is having. Last night we were in the living room when the house phone rang, I looked at the caller ID and asked him "Are you dialing our home from your cell?" he replied "Does it LOOK like I'm on my cell phone!" His phone is doing random phantom dialing while right next to us. Battery has been removed, rebooted, not roaming. Just has a mind of its own.And he doesn't receive calls or text messages until HOURS after they have been sent.

In the meantime I go to software update -> new software update from Verizon shows up with ok - defer - reject. Hit Ok and "Error, DOWNLOAD FAILED" I am alright with that, just stop trying to send it to me, especially with the nonsense that is going on with my husband's cell phone after the update.

0 Likes