Updates
dragon68
I have been trying to get the updates by using the " check for update" under settings. I still have the 1.13.605 and trying to get the 1.70.605.

Main issues are phone randomly reboot and GPS has no idea where I am. I am a OTR driver and use my phone a great deal and the GPS.

Thanks
0 Likes
Re: Updates
kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey dragon68.  If and only if, both HTC and Verizon will not push the update directly to you (I'm assuming you spoke with both), then you can dowload the leaked version through android police.  I believe that xda developers has it as well.  I say that because I would personally rather use the official ota, but both of the other options have quite a large following.  You will probably have to download Astro file manager from the market in both cases, but it's possible to do the whole process from your phone.  Check them out on your pc and follow the instructions.  Hope this helps, best of luck.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you can try to force it to 1X by using the "LTE OnOff" app. you install LTE OnOff and then set it to "CDMA Only" (1X). then try checking for the update. many of the tbolts only find the updates when in 1X mode (including mine) for some reason. it had worked for me, but then it will tak over an hour to download since you will be on 1X. 

0 Likes
Sborden
Enthusiast - Level 3

AZSALUKI wrote:

you can try to force it to 1X by using the "LTE OnOff" app. you install LTE OnOff and then set it to "CDMA Only" (1X). then try checking for the update. many of the tbolts only find the updates when in 1X mode (including mine) for some reason. it had worked for me, but then it will tak over an hour to download since you will be on 1X. 

AZ,

I did the same thing, only while it was downloading i used the app and switched back to 3G/4G and it kept downloading, finished in a couple of minutes

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i tried that but i messed up the download so then when i went to download again i didn't mess with trying to switch for fear of corrupting the download.....it made me gun shy...lol

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3
Why are you suggesting using LTE ONOFF when VZW responses in this forum tell users to uninstall and stop using it? In fact sometimes they are blaming it for causing problems
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

RobB772 wrote:
Why are you suggesting using LTE ONOFF when VZW responses in this forum tell users to uninstall and stop using it? In fact sometimes they are blaming it for causing problems

because it works just fine. they can blame that app all they want.....but it was the ONLY way for me to get the official OTA updates. the app does exactly what going into your setting does.....it just does it much more easily and faster. and if you still don't have the update, then i don't believe you can switch through the various networks can you? so how would you propose the OP get to 1X?

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3
I too believe it works as designed....I was stating the numerous VZW posters have vilified it as rogue app causing problems. Besides Verizon can't make (charge) money to use it. They wanted me to remove it because it " may" be causing my data drops since mr2. Hey, installing it may become the new "have you done a factory reset" fix.
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Exactly why I disregard pretty much anything they say.  That and the constant posting of "please sign up for an email" for a system that doesn't even work. 

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3
How true pj Smiley Happy But they want ya to jump through those hoops or how else can they "help" you?
0 Likes