Upgrade decision Iphone or Thunderbolt
grimreaper1989

So here's the deal i am curretly eligible for an early upgrade and i currently own the motorola droid. The reason why im looking into upgrading my phone is that the right side of the screen on my droid does not work, my speakers does not work well, my warranty is also up, and also my battery dies within 5-6 hours. What i'm looking for in a phone are the capablities to: text moderately, at least a full day of use, youtube every now and then, have my emails pushed to my phone.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade decision Iphone or Thunderbolt
medic2joey
Contributor - Level 2

If you look at the reason the Thunderbolt keeps getting push back it will tell you its because normal usage gets you 3-4 hours battery life and they are trying to fix it. 4G phones KILL battery life very quickly. This is Verizon first 4G phone and I promise you will come with many bugs. If I was you I'd go to Verizon and play with the Iphone since you own a Droid to see if it even fits you.

0 Likes
grimreaper1989

the whole 3-4 hours battery life i've heard it's a rumor and then after i hear it's not. i know apple products do provide an ample amount of battery because i own several apple products, but not an iphone. Plus the fact that between now and my next upgrade many people may have a 4G. This just bugs me that the phone i choose i have no option but to stick with it for the next 20 months because of verizon new upgrade policy

0 Likes
enyalius
Contributor - Level 1

Honestly, it doesn't really sound like you need 4G; 3G will get you youtube at reasonable speeds and email without too much trouble.  As much as an Android fanboy as I am, I don't think it's worth holding out for the Thunderbolt in your case.  Especially if your screen is damaged, I'd suggest you go for the iPhone and get grandfathered in to the unlimited data plan while you still have time.

0 Likes