Using Thunderbolt to post to this forum
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

What am I doing wrong?:smileysad:

I can pull up the keypad to log in and that functions as I expect but if I go to post I can't get the keypad to input to the body( tapping the screen invokes the keypad but it inputs the text to the subject line). I've tried using the down arrow to move fields and it highlights different things but I never get text to show up in the body field, only appends to the subject line. What do I need to do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using Thunderbolt to post to this forum
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

RobB772 wrote:

I can pull up the keypad to log in and that functions as I expect but if I go to post I can't get the keypad to input to the body( tapping the screen invokes the keypad but it inputs the text to the subject line). I've tried using the down arrow to move fields and it highlights different things but I never get text to show up in the body field, only appends to the subject line. What do I need to do?

Are you trying to post from the full desktop view or the mobile view?

On the phone in desktop view, you have to switch the reply text box to the HTML tab before you can type in the box.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

RobB772 wrote:

On the phone in desktop view, you have to switch the reply text box to the HTML tab before you can type in the box.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Full view not mobile

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That would mean you need to select the HTML tab.  the rich text box just does not work.

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3
Just did switch to HTML. Thanks Ann
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Smuuth
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ann154 wrote:

RobB772 wrote:

I know it must be something in my settings that I have wrong, but there is no HTML tab when I am trying to reply using my Thunderbolt.  Only a Rich Text tab and a Preview tab.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
It should be there. Do you see it if you logged in from a computer? Maybe there is something set differently in your "My Settings". This post was edited using the html tab from a Tbolt after I accidentally hit the post button in the mobile view.

0 Likes
Smuuth
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ann154 wrote:
It should be there. Do you see it if you logged in from a computer? Maybe there is something set differently in your "My Settings". This post was edited using the html tab from a Tbolt after I accidentally hit the post button in the mobile view.

Nope, no HTML tab from the computer either.  I am sure it is something I have wrong in my settings, but I have no idea what it might be.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Click on my settings which should be next to sign out.

Click on the preference tab.

The uncheck Turn on the Rich Text Editor.

Click save

Everytime from this point on you will default HTML whether you are on mobile or desktop.  You can always click on the RTE(rich text) tab if you want to use it.

0 Likes