VERIZON: RECALL THE THUNDERBOLT!!!!!!!!!!!!
CVincent

I'm SICK AND TIRED of this phone, or should I say the crappy software updates they keep dropping on it.  EVERY update creates a NEW screw up.  Gingerbread has brought back not only random reboots but also lock-ups during use, of EVERY function on it.  I've had it lock up when I'm texting, emailing, surfing, gaming and talking.  This is unacceptable for a $300 phone that you are locked in to for 2 years.  The number one culprit that seems to lock it up is an app you can't get rid of, Sense UI.  HTC/Verizon have really dropped the ball on this phone.  The ONLY people I know that are having good results with this phone are those who have rooted it.  Once they strip off the bloatware, they have a phone that is exceptionally powerful and works well.  Anyone who leaves it stock and allows the OTA updates has had nothing but frustration.  I've TRIED to give you guys every opportunity to fix it but with a phone that now reboots or locks up 20-25 times a day, I've had enough. I COULD root it but I should not have to root a phone that I paid this much for just to make if functional.

0 Likes
Re: VERIZON: RECALL THE THUNDERBOLT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

I agree. I COULD root mine as well, but why should I have to?? Why should I have to be the one to make my phone work?? Biggest waste of money ever!! 

And now I have to steal my hubby's upgrade to get a new phone, when I just stole it in Sept to get this thing!! 

0 Likes
CVincent

Well, they keep deleting the link to the online petition I posted but if you are as frustrated with the Thunderbolt as I am, at least +1 this thread and search for other social networking locations where other customers are voicing their displeasure and requesting a recall or an option of swapping for a working phone.

0 Likes
RMLJ
Contributor - Level 1
I'm happy with mine over all since the Past update. Can get over 24 hours unplugged. I listen to my music through my Bluetooth stereo headphones 8 to ten hours a day. Surf the web when ever needed. I've seen a few glitches since GB but nothing to cry about. No reboots at all. Nav works like it should when I need it to. I get my emails and txts go to the correct person. When I need 4g speed it works most of the time as long as the network is functional. 4g is new to Verizon so ups and downs should have been expected. I like that I can talk on the phone and surf the web or txt at the same time. Sure I wish I had waited a bit to purchase for a lower price buy.... I'm sure there are better phones out there but not all of the complaints that I read about are the phones fault. Sure I think that Verizon should compensate us thunderbolt users in some way or another for the problems that were released in the past but its highly unlikely that they will they kind of have a monopoly on coverage and they know it. I see a lot of posts about complaints about problems that in reality were caused by something a user has done. People demanding replacement phones for problems that are not hardware issues but most likely caused buy something installed buy the user or OS issues because of releasing updates to early to appease inpatient people. Yes they should have waited to release the phone until it was more solid but how happy were the people waiting for the bionic to release. Set your phone to 3g don't sync every 5 minutes be carefully about what you install on your phone and clean up your sd card from installing and uninstalling useless crap. It's a computer they are not perfect and won't be. If everyone keeps complaining like they do these companies will just start getting the phones working pretty good and then not send out updates that give you new features. Ice cream sandwich nah it will cost us to much replacing phones because of update issues that are not a hardware problem but we end up sending a replacement phone because of customer threats and anger. How many times have you replaced your windows pc. Microsoft just makes you buy a new OS every couple of years instead of fixing the crap they sold you back in the 90s. Ok I think I'm done now lol I'm happy with my phone.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

they won't be taking mine from me. LOVE IT!!!!!!! have you had it replaced?

0 Likes
chuck07
Enthusiast - Level 3

They knew that this phone would be a disappointment. 

When I went to buy my phone it was when they had the 230/1yr 200/2yr pricing. 

I wanted the 1 year, made that clear the entire time. 

Go to check out and he says that for 230 I can get a case and screen protectors also. Sweet, I thought. He put me on the 2 year agreement. I noticed this as I was walking out the store. Manager said it was too late to do anything. 

I used to recommend Verizon to everybody because of their customer service. Not so much any more

0 Likes
Dnakaman
Contributor - Level 1

chuck07 wrote:

They knew that this phone would be a disappointment. 

When I went to buy my phone it was when they had the 230/1yr 200/2yr pricing. 

I wanted the 1 year, made that clear the entire time. 

Go to check out and he says that for 230 I can get a case and screen protectors also. Sweet, I thought. He put me on the 2 year agreement. I noticed this as I was walking out the store. Manager said it was too late to do anything. 

I used to recommend Verizon to everybody because of their customer service. Not so much any more

You do realize that there was a buyer remorse period (I believe it is 14 days for most).  You could have returned the phone at any time during that period, no questions asked and gotten out of your contract.

You said you noticed it as you were checking out, you could have cancelled right then.

0 Likes
chuck07
Enthusiast - Level 3

It was when I was walking out. 

I asked about that and the manager told me that I could not buy the same phone after returning it and it would be a $35ish restocking fee.

So I would have to pay at least $70 to fix what they messed up. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Actually no...  You could have had them change it while you are there without the stocking fee.  They messed up and they could have credit that.  I have had that happen before a while back where I bought a phone outright and they tacked on 2 year agreement.  I went back the next day when I noticed it and got it corrected.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

chuck07 wrote:

It was when I was walking out. 

I asked about that and the manager told me that I could not buy the same phone after returning it and it would be a $35ish restocking fee.

So I would have to pay at least $70 to fix what they messed up. 

That sounds like a situation that you handled incorrectly because if I received something I did not request or ask for and I notice it that soon I can guarantee that I wouldn't have walked out without it corrected.. But you do realize that the 1 year contract has been pulled for some time now so when the TB was released I don't believe it existed any more anyway.

Also since you just bought the device and havent even used the device I am sure if you talked to the right person you could have got that resolved if it was possible...  Since you accepted the situation you shouldnt be surprised the outcome..

No Disrespect but stating facts...   I usually can work with any situation but when you force something on me you may see a diffrent responce.  You get what you allow.

0 Likes