Re: VZ Navigator and GPS Not working in East Texas
zertsman

i'm on the phone with CS for the 3rd or 4th time..     i just can't seem to get any traction.. 

0 Likes
Caddoview

Yeah, been there done that!  Oh wait, I am there doing that.

0 Likes
zertsman

WOW..   this time i actually have a ticket number..  never got one of those before..   the other people at VZ must have lied to me.

if they do not give you a ticket..    you do not have one.

we will see what happens in 72 hours...

0 Likes
jonakin

zertsman wrote:

has doing a factory reset fixed anyones problem here in east texas?

has this helpled anyone?

I don't think so.  thewayne01 and I have both tried a couple of different ROMs on our Thunderbolts, as well as flashing the update that they had last week.  Nothing seemed to make a difference.  I wouldn't do it for the purpose of trying to fix the GPS.

0 Likes
Caddoview
I have had intermittent GPS in Marshall today. About twenty minutes this morning and again this afternoon. I hope this a good sign.
0 Likes
wilydodger

I'm in Tyler and having this same issue.  I've had very little luck getting Verizon to even acknowledge that there is a problem. The guys at the local store have been downright rude about owning the issue.

Maybe the best course will be to overload their executive support department by emailing the CEO and Regional President here: http://aboutus.vzw.com/leadership/executive/index.html

By the way, interfering with the function of the GPS network is illegal. Everyone should go here and file an FCC complaint: http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm .
If enough complaint get filed, they will be investigated and forced to fix the issue. I think the best tack on reporting this is how it disables our ability to place e911 location assisted calls... 

My model is the Droid X.  I hope by now the Verizon people have figured out this affects all models.

Anyone else dumping their contract with Verizon? I know I'm not going to forget this....

0 Likes
scoats

I received a response from the Verizon Solutions Consultant I spoke with on Monday morning. This is the same gentleman that added our issue to the Verizon regional meeting that happened yesterday.

Here's his response:

"There is some lively discussion going on. One recommendation is making sure your device has the latest firmware update.

I will send a more comprehensive response later today, but again, wheels are in motion. We have the right team in
place isolate the problem and provide the solution."

I will post his comprehensive response later today.

0 Likes
zertsman
Sounds promising
0 Likes
Caddoview

Firmware does not seem to be the problem and even if it is, we are at the mercy of Verizon for the updates.  Sounds like just another excuses to me. 

0 Likes
wilydodger

I love how they keep calling Google Maps a "third party" application. Point in fact is that Google Maps is a FirstParty application. It's all the Verizon bloatware and VZ Naviagator that are the third party apps.

The person who said update your firmware won't be able to help. They obviously don't know what is going on. This problem is ALL on Verizon's side with the towers.

I posted it before, but here it is again. We all need to go file FCC complaints. Disabling GPS on devices is illegal. Verizon is only going to fix this if they get fined: FCC Consumer Complaints .

0 Likes