Re: VZW Rep told me that Thunderbolt is NOT getting the 2.3 update?!
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Sborden wrote:

If they are still having issues with getting GB to run on the Tbolt maybe their developers should be fired.  I know for a fact that there are several ROM's out there with no reboot issues, so why is it that XDA developers can get things to work but the "Developers" at HTC cant?  I am all for thorough testing, but cmon GB has been out what 9 months already?

If i wasnt afraid of bricking my Tbolt i would be rooting and custom ROM installing as we speak, but i am not willing to take the chance on Rooting and Rom just yet.

Considering I have run the GB roms and newer radios and still have reboot issues in a specific area that was plagued with them before, I'm going with the issue IS NOT fixed.  Most of those reporting no reboots are likely in an area where it wasn't an issue to begin with or aren't paying close enough attention.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

PJNC284 wrote:

Sborden wrote:

If they are still having issues with getting GB to run on the Tbolt maybe their developers should be fired.  I know for a fact that there are several ROM's out there with no reboot issues, so why is it that XDA developers can get things to work but the "Developers" at HTC cant?  I am all for thorough testing, but cmon GB has been out what 9 months already?

If i wasnt afraid of bricking my Tbolt i would be rooting and custom ROM installing as we speak, but i am not willing to take the chance on Rooting and Rom just yet.

Considering I have run the GB roms and newer radios and still have reboot issues in a specific area that was plagued with them before, I'm going with the issue IS NOT fixed.  Most of those reporting no reboots are likely in an area where it wasn't an issue to begin with or aren't paying close enough attention.

yeah....i've seen a number of varying experiences.....but most of the users (GB) i've seen still have an issue. i've seen quite a few that report that it is better than it was....and some that now say they have no more reboots....but i've seen MANY more that continue to experience the reboots.

and who knows.....verizon tends to pay very little attention to their HTC products (before the tbolt you were hard pressed to have ever even seen and htc commercial for verizon....and the accessories??? not many). maybe they are intentionally holding off. maybe they just don't care. i'm still inclined to believe that they are working on it and just haven't got it fixed. maybe i'm a sucker. i just don't see how upsetting this many customers intentionally would make any kind of business sense.

0 Likes
abdiziriel
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually Verizon sucks when it comes to replace equipment. I bought the TB on May 1, and when the update came out it was already 2 weeks and they didn't want to replace for another one. They said it was HTC problem, not theirs and they were working on a fix. Over two months working on a fix makes me think how good they are on this. After all waiting decided to flash a custom ROM. The first ones were causing the same rebooting issue. Then I got the leak mr2 radio, flashed it with a new GB ROM and issues are gone. Custom ROMs always has some minor issues, but they are really minor. Better than having rebooting issues.

Official GB update will be coming out for sure, but WHEN is the question. If you don't want to wait, take the risk and flash it. I would say that 90% had no problem. About 5-7% brick their phones because didn't follow instructions correctly. The other 3-5% could be due to hardware problems or bad luck.

It's up to you if want to keep waiting for a fix.

0 Likes
vinnyp61

LOL Half of the Reps don't know what they ate for breakfast!

0 Likes
Sborden
Enthusiast - Level 3

Im wondering what Big red would do if everyone on this forum walked into a store tomorrow and starting yelling they want a different phone.  LOL with this many users having issue i bet they would do something.  Too bad we cant coordinate a "Walk-in" on VZ.  

0 Likes
Sborden
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sborden wrote:

@Azsaluki

While most of the time i agree with your posts, this one not quite.

{edited to comply with Terms of Service}

SERIOUSLY ??? you **bleep** have nothing better to do with your time and this JOKE of a phone you have to edit my post for saying ROOT AND ROM!!!!!   Get a grip

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

lol...yeah, they are a bit touchy about that subject. they frown upon it so we have to use other terms that they don't notice.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2
0 Likes
MissingMyBB

Oh it keeps getting better with my ol Thunderbolt. Recently when my TB does its "super cool" reset it is not coming back on. So about twice a day I go to look at my TB and it’s off. So I go into the friendly Verizon store today and tell them my new issue and I got the same **bleep** about it being HTC's fault. By far the lamest excuse possible. I am about ready to take the plunge and pay these people off to break my contract. I sent a wonderful letter to the BBB, some of you might want to as well. This has turned into a very unacceptable experience. I convinced my wife to give up her Blackberry for the TB and trust me I hear about that every day. As a group we should all just walk into the Verizon store put our TB on the counter and tell them I'm done and I'll pay my bill when they can give me a device that complies with their service terms. I want a working phone! All my Verizon fan boyisms are gone.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

PJNC284 wrote:

ha more fuel for the fire

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/07/08/droid-incredible-2-gingerbread-update-is-ready/

lol....did ya really need to poor the salt in our wounds   :smileywink:

i may have to try to spend about an hour or so at my pc this weekend, with youtube, droidlife and xda!!!!! this is now absurd. 

0 Likes