Verizon And The HTC ThunderBolt
1spsyk

After having three HTC ThunderBolts, since the ThunderBolt inception, March 2011,  spending numerous hours with tech support, I have finally came to the conclusion;   luckly I have only a one year contract with this phonel.

Verizon + HTC Thunderbolt =  Tech Support = Sorry I can't help you,  Goodby, = Goodby Verizon Hello A.T.T.  February is not that far off.

I accept that this is not the best solution,  however it appears to be the only solution available at the present time.

Verizon network more than likley not the problem, although the ThunderBolt is by far the worst phone in the twelve year experience with Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon And The HTC ThunderBolt
budone
Legend

You are willing to pay the ETF eh? You will still have 13 months of contract left  $240  (Unless you had a one year contract)

And as for me, I think the TB is the best phone I have ever had.

Wildman
Legend

I have to agree, my TB has been one of the best device that I have had and I have tested all brands out there..

Now as for the changing to AT&T, I need to connect you to a couple of my clients that just left AT&T for the exact thing you are saying is Verizons issue...   Bad CS/

I beg to differ about CS with Verizon has been a good experiance for me so I cant acknowledge this as a issue.

1spsyk
I am glad to hear that the above posters are pleases with their ThunderBolt phones and customer service provided by Verizon, however I am curious if they felt the same way if they were experience the same problems that I have endured...
Here is a short snopis

1.... Well engage in a phone call , to have the phone start playing a YouTube video at the same time. This is an interesting scenario, considering I never use YouTube. Demonstrated this to a rep. At the Verizon store, and the response was a shake of the head by the rep.

2.....I travel extensively from Edmonton Alberta Canada to Boise Idaho, then from Boise Idaho to Seattle Wa. back to Missoula,Mt.
Now, there are a lot of no service areas in this route, and every time that I travel thru these areas, the phone freezes up and in order to restore the phone, that means pull the battery, which means this battery pull is anywhere from six to twelve time a day,

3...... I use the phone as a Hotspot, to access my computer IPad, or IPod touch, or Kindle Fire, I can get connected to these devices and stay connected for about three or four minutes before the Hotspot times out and I loose connection to the device that I am using, and in order to restore the connection, it requires another battery pull, to acquire another three or four minutes of use..

I'm sorry, being a customer of Verizon, I expect more, and I still claim that the TunderBolt is a failure as a phone, at least for myself.

Now if you find these incidents as normal or acceptable use of the TunderBolt, then perhaps Im expecting to much and the TunderBolt is the best phone ever...

Then to have Customer Service reply that I'm sorry that I couldn't help you and a salutation of Goodby.
0 Likes
budone
Legend

Probably too late to help you as you are, or have left.

I have had the same issue since I added the hotspot last week. I have learned when my laptop's virus protection is updating, I can not do anything and pages will not open.

I now just let the update occur, close my connection on my laptop, attempt to reconnect, usually will not, attempt again, it will and all is good for the rest of the day.

As for the YouTube issue, make sure the app is not on the main menu screen to keep from accidently opening it. I seem to remember in the intitial set up, it is in the lower right hand corner of the main screen. If you tend not to keep the phone pressed to your face, the screen would become active and you could hit an app.

As for the lack of signal and the CS department, I can not help ya with. Sorry

0 Likes
htc-garbage
Enthusiast - Level 2

I"m on your side don't worry. All of those who are raving about verizon's cs are blind to the fact that they will take away your unlimited data as soon as you upgrade your phone. I have never seen a company manipulate and use fine print as much as vzw. I am a long term customer that has really been taken back lately.

Its a shame. It really reminds me of our current Government status. "if they can't make a buck, they'll change the rules so its not stealing."

0 Likes