Verizon Customer Service
Jmatus28

Hello, I would like to start as I would like to file a complaint for the poor service experience from a sales rep at a store.  I went to the store to look at phones with my girlfriend.  While there I decided to ask to have them look at my phone. It was a factory refurbished phone that they sent me to replace one that would freeze every once in a while. I figured this would be an opportune time since the wait to talk to someone is usually well over an hour.  I asked him to look at my phone since part of the touch screen would not work. He stated that this was a software issue. I pointed out to him that it was clearly a hardware issue since it wouldn't sense your finger in part of the screen. He said to reset it and it will be fine. (please note: phone was used for about 2 weeks when I asked him to look at it, and the rep didn't even look up any account information just sent me on my way, Also some of this is my fault. I did not make it back in for a while, I was busy and couldn't wait in that line).

So I did as the rep said. And the problem still persisted. So instead of going to the store and encountering another poor experience I went online.  They stated that the factory refurbished warranty expires after 90 days or when the original warranty expires whichever is first.  I would have been within this window had the rep looked at my phone or account. Now I am forced to stick with a broken phone or pay full retail for new one. 

I am looking on the internet for a new phone. I think It is better to deal with phone companies or vendors like Amazon rather than get the terrible service at Verizon.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Customer Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the forum, Jmatus28. I apologize for the problem you're having problems with your current phone and I would be glad to look at any option that you have.
If the warranty has in fact expired, you have the option to get a Certified Pre Owned device http://bit.ly/NTcxRW.
We can also check to see if you qualify for http://vz.to/ZILXBT if you are interested in getting a brand new phone. Are there any other lines on the account that are eligible to upgrade?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jmatus28

Hello, Thank you for replying. I am not interested in getting a new phone for this has been way to much of a hassle and since I feel I got the short end of the stick in this situation.  I gave them a perfectly fine phone which froze every once in a while while they replaced it with a phone that had hardware issues.  Then because I followed the advise of VERIZON PERSONNEL I can no longer get it replaced.  I do not have a problem with getting another certified pre-owned device.  My question is will I have to pay for this since it is Verizon's fault when they ushered me out of the door without even looking at the device!?!?!?!

0 Likes
Jmatus28

Please point me in the right direction or please let me know how to file a formal complaint against the store and sale Representative.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jmatus28,

That's a great question! If you did wish to proceed with the CPO option, this would be at an additional cost depending on the device that you choose. Please keep us posted if you would like to proceed with this option, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jmatus28, you've reached the right place. I can submit feedback to our leadership team on your behalf to ensure that your voice is heard and the representative at that store is addressed. Which store did you visit? http://vz.to/3SdsA Do you remember the name of the representative that was assisting you?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jmatus28

Lasina,

Thank you for replying to me.

I have a copy of the receipt that we got in for my girlfriends phone. Remember he REFUSED to look at my phone as well as pull up my account. This was on 7/17/2013 been trying to get a resolution since. If it is possible can I have the district manager as well as the store manager reach out to me?  Also since I was not there by myself I can have the other people tell you what happened. 

I was pretty upset by the Complete lack of help.

Image removed for private employee number as required by Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Jmatus28

It was the Verizon Wireless Store in Westlake Ohio. 

3460 Westgate

Fairview park, Oh 44126

They have in the past also messed up my contracts also. I should stop trusting these representatives for with Verizon Accounts.

I have a copy of the receipt. It is available. I can Email it or post a link to another website. Thank you for the help of getting this resolved. I have been attempting to do this for MONTHS!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you had this type of experience Jmatus28. I can understand the frustration of having  phone issues and expecting one on one assistance at the store and not receiving it. I have forwarded your feedback to upper management so this wont happen again in the future. Please let us know if you wanted to purchase a certified pre-owned device. We can help with your order.

Kinquana_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Jmatus28

Thank you. I am not interested in purchasing ANYTHING from Verizon again, Since the last pre-owned device they gave me was faulty and cannot be TRUSTED. This incident has ruined a very good relationship that I have had with Verizon. I am currently looking at what other Cell Phone carrier services. Will a member of upper management be contacting me?? I would like to speak with them about this.

0 Likes