Verizon Demos GB based Video app
ghamden
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Demos GB based Video app
AZSALUKI
Legend

i guess i missed where this app is for GB??? do they say that? i didn't see anything that had to do with gingerbread?

0 Likes
ghamden

From what i have read and devs. say is that the front facing video is native to gb thats why skype is not avaiable yet but if yo install a rooted version of gb the skype version works ok that was just released

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

There are quite a few apps that work with the FFC on a Thunderbolt with Froyo.  Heck, there's even a working version of Skype.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i've been running skype flawlessly for 2 months. go over to xda and you can find a leaked version for the tbolt. also, the app in the video is not skype, and as far as i can tell doesn't necessarilty require GB. they don't say anything in the videos about using altered devices so as far as we know they are using tbolts running froyo.

0 Likes
prowley40

I downloaded the skype out a few months ago the day it came out and it worked fine on my phone.  I skyped with a friend of mine who was on their iphone. I don't know if the may update has anything to do with it, but i downloaded that update and when i tried using skype video the other night it didnt work.  I went to XDA but the only skype apps i could find were for rooted phones using GB.  Do you know where i can find one that works on froyo?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

prowley40 wrote:

I downloaded the skype out a few months ago the day it came out and it worked fine on my phone.  I skyped with a friend of mine who was on their iphone. I don't know if the may update has anything to do with it, but i downloaded that update and when i tried using skype video the other night it didnt work.  I went to XDA but the only skype apps i could find were for rooted phones using GB.  Do you know where i can find one that works on froyo?

No.....you are right. I finally updated my phone and now skype doesn't work (doesn't even open). Lol....I KNEW I shouldn't update!
0 Likes