Verizon/ HTC Thunderbolt issues
marinesgt2002
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an HTC Thunderbolt with Verizon service.  Basically, it's a $400 alarm clock- worthless for anything else.  Here are some of the issues I have with this piece of junk:

1.)  Ever since the last software update my phone randomly re-starts itself.  And when it does I get the same "activating phone/sim card" notification that's been affecting many.

2.) I work in San Marcos, Texas.  I never have service at work, even though the coverage map says I should.  But, all of my coworkers on AT&T have outstanding service....

3.) Again, since the last update more often than not, my phone refuses to hang up a call- the touch screen in unresponsive.

Bottom line, if you're looking for an expensive alarm-clock my phone is the way to go!  If you're looking for an actual phone that you can use to check emails, etc look elsewhere!

End of rant.....

0 Likes
Re: Verizon/ HTC Thunderbolt issues
tperk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, that update started it, now i have a black screen and cant get it to turn on or do anything....  I believe that the update is designed to kill your phone... wish i could prove it....

jverizon123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, my friend and I have the same issue with the ICS (Icecream Sandwich) 4.0 update for the TB.  We have both experienced dropped calls, the phone re-starting and bad phone quality. I also have some parts of my screen that freeze or are unresponsive so I have to turn it off and on. Believe me, I have felt your pain!

Unfortunately, there is no way to go back one release. I think since the TB is already over 2 years old, it's probably time to get a new phone. I ended up going over to the Samsung Galaxy S3 and it's on Jelly Bean (4.1.2) and it's like night and day.  It's also supposed to get a new firmware update of 4.2.2. in July or August.  There are probably some good sales going on over the 4th of July, so that may be a great time to peruse new options. Good luck!

steelergirl1974
Enthusiast - Level 1

this phone sucks after the update. My screen freezes all the time. Says my SIM card is activating and I have to reboot to phone a lot. The email login fails daily. It drops internet all the time.

I really hate this phone and have to wait until January to get another phone to get the good deals.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you considered completing a factory reset of the phone yet?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tperk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Ann, I dumped the phone and got a Samung Galaxy s4,,good luck

0 Likes
bh0673
Enthusiast - Level 2

At this point I am so aggravated with what VERIZON did to my perfectly working phone with this program update and REFUSAL to fix it. We need  an attorney who will initiate a class action lawsuit against Verizon on behalf of all us whose phones were ruined by Verizon.

0 Likes