Re: Verizon... What is the release date for ICS and a technical question
murf751

Although I share your frustration, I don't agree that ICS is not going to be released for us based on the age of the product. The HTC Thunderbolt is quite old and its supposedly getting it (unless your right lol).. It better get ICS AFTER the Reound though!

To  Commonsense101: Re: why we want it? We want it because it was a huge deciding factor when buying this phone. It was advertised in November as getting ICS in the first quarter of 2012, and most of us would not have bought it otherwise.Its REALLY bad to advertise something and then not provide what you advertise... In fact, ITS DOWNRIGHT ILLEGAL!! Verizon could technically be charged with federal fraud for selling us this phone and not giving us the OS we were SOLD!

0 Likes
murf751

Re: why we want it? We want it because it was a huge deciding factor when buying this phone. It was advertised in November as getting ICS in the first quarter of 2012, and most of us would not have bought it otherwise.Its REALLY bad to advertise something and then not provide what you advertise... In fact, ITS DOWNRIGHT ILLEGAL!! Verizon could technically be charged with criminal conduct for selling us this phone and not giving us the OS we were SOLD!

0 Likes
Sith77
Enthusiast - Level 3

well everyone , we've all read online the horror that is the rumor of the update for ICS on the Rezound is being completely shelved may be true . chevk it out http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/htc-desire-hd-ice-cream-sandwich-update-officially-cancelled-5000869...

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

That's not our phone, is different from our phone, and has nothing to do with our phone. That article is completely irrelevant to our situation.

Sith77
Enthusiast - Level 3

POINT IS ............... older phones that were once hoped or mentioned for the update are being shelved. verizon has clammed up about the update to the rezound . The HTC Amaze is pretty much the same phone and has been updated for QUITE a long time now meaning that we shouldve been updated a long time ago . just BIG red pushing EVERYTHING aside hoping everyone will just buy new .................. of course to help their profits that are up 50%

0 Likes
murf751

Ya it's very frustrating to be screwed like this. On the bright side, they

will have to either give us what they promised when we bought the phone

last December or they will be guilty of fraud... You cannot advertise

something and just fail to deliver it when it was a condition of the sale.

I payed 300 bucks for this phone 6 months ago! It better be equipped with

what they promised when I bought.it..

Think about it Verizon... It's fraud. Consumer fraud

0 Likes
Heppe

If a customer service rep for Verizon is reading this I would report this fraud to the highest person in the company I know.

This really sux, I would say we have a good case and we can move forward with a legal response. Hope everyone agrees. Lets go get them!!!!!!

0 Likes
opus76
Enthusiast - Level 2

At some point, we need to realize that those concerns are falling on deaf ears. This is probably not the best forum to get any satisfaction because it appears that any replies to those posting inquiries about the update are being responded to many times in a sarcastic manner. So, it's probably best to think of this as a community support forum as opposed to a "I want satisfaction forum." Verizon clearly will not put a stake in the ground and say this is when the update is coming. It would limit their options. For the dissatisfied, it's probably for the best when you mention pursuing other carriers when your contracts are over. It's one thing to say it, but when it comes right down to it, it's another that you actually carry it out. Additionally, when wanting the latest and greatest, there's nothing wrong with that either. It's actually pretty straight forward to achieve what you want and surprisingly easy (and quite stable to this point).

0 Likes
nabokovfan87

STOP rumormongering.  the ICS for rezound is made, we all know this, the desire is a different situation with a different processor altogether.

0 Likes
nurdreamz0

I'm on board, I say lets all sigh a petition to get the ball rolling....I want ICS NOW!!!

0 Likes