Video with Google Talk?
easton0911

I have seen a few people on Twitter say they now can use Google Talk like Skype/Tango.  Is there something I am missing because when i go into Google Talk, no option for video.

0 Likes
Re: Video with Google Talk?
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you get the Gingerbread Update this morning?

0 Likes
luskwater

So far, I've either had the video fail to start, or only display the view from the back camera (that is, my desk and feet).  If you press on your name in the list of Talk users, a dialog will pop up allowing you to enter a status message and set your status.  Below that is a checkbox for Allow video and voice chats.  You'll want that checked.

On the other hand, I still don't have it using the front camera despite this morning's Gingerbread update.  The screen goes dark and stays there (until I press the back button); or the screen goes dark and then flashes back to a chat, refusing to even try video after that; or once I got the rear camera to work while my friend's phone rang, but he was away.

I'm hoping I can find some answers: this was the feature I looked forward to the most.

0 Likes
dprk

If you consider video on the back camera "working" then it's working...but it can't be considered really working until the front facing camera can be used to video chat.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i don't use google talk, but skype video works great with the front facing cam....so it seems like there sould be a way to enable the front cam in the google talk app?????

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

AZSALUKI wrote:

i don't use google talk, but skype video works great with the front facing cam....so it seems like there sould be a way to enable the front cam in the google talk app?????

Google Talk may not have tested the hardware with GB on the Thunderbolt, it has been having issues on other devices also..

0 Likes