Visual Voicemail?
street9009

I am getting an error on my Visual Voicemail App that says "Unable to establish connection to the mailbox. The problem is usually temporary. Please try again later." 

Anyone else having this problem or know a fix?

0 Likes
Re: Visual Voicemail?
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello street9009,

I would like to make sure you are able to consistently check your voice mail messages without hassle. Does this happen every time you try to check a message? Does it matter if you access the voice mail from the Visual Voice Mail app, Messages app or the notification? I would suggest clearing the data within the app as this will reset it and clear any corruptions. I have tested this on my own Thunderbolt and did not lose any messages but you can always save a copy of any one of your messages to your memory card.

To save a copy:

While listening to the message, press menu

Choose Save Copy

Set file name

Select OK

To clear data:

Press Menu

Choose Settings

Choose Applications

Choose Manage Applications

Choose All

Scroll to Visual Voice Mail

Clear Data

If necessary, I am willing to troubleshoot this further to find a resolution. Please let me know if I can assist.

0 Likes
street9009

I am unable to use the Application at all. When I launch the application via notification or otherwise, it hangs at "Confirming your Account Status" and never gets any further until it displays the error.

0 Likes
Not applicable

street9009,

I'm sorry to learn the steps provided above did not work for you. Please PM me if this issue continues and I will assist with getting that resolved. 

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
Alt77
Enthusiast - Level 3

I totally can't help you, but google voice is free and essentially accomplishes all the same things :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
street9009

Still having this issue Adam. I sent a message but I haven't gotten a reply. Just wanted to post here again.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Alt77 wrote:

I totally can't help you, but google voice is free and essentially accomplishes all the same things :smileyhappy:

If the user is experiencing a connection issue Google Voice wont work either, they may want to try restarting the device and try to run app again...  This usually works for this issues..

0 Likes
street9009

Sorry. I reboot my device all the time. It still cannot connect to Visual VM.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

How is your data connection, can you access the web fine with the web browser?

0 Likes
street9009

Sure can. Everything about my device works except for VVM.

0 Likes