Voided Warranty Already??
taliachi

I opened my battery case this morning because I wanted to write down the serial number of my device and I noticed the tab on the side already said Void. I have only had my phone for six weeks and it NEVER has been in contact with water.

There are only two things I can think of:

1) I was in a very very humid city recently, but I use a case and, again, my phone never has been in contact with water

2) I do have a mini-usb charger from my previous phone I occasionally use at work to charge this crappy battery.

Any ideas as to why my phone says void already? Luckily, I have insurance but now this means if something was to ever happen to my phone, I would have to pay the deductible.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voided Warranty Already??
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

taliachi wrote:

I opened my battery case this morning because I wanted to write down the serial number of my device and I noticed the tab on the side already said Void. I have only had my phone for six weeks and it NEVER has been in contact with water.

1) I was in a very very humid city recently, but I use a case and, again, my phone never has been in contact with water

2) I do have a mini-usb charger from my previous phone I occasionally use at work to charge this crappy battery.

Any ideas as to why my phone says void already? Luckily, I have insurance but now this means if something was to ever happen to my phone, I would have to pay the deductible.

Are you looking at a pink mark indicating it was wet or the sticker that says "VOID" on it that covers a screw head warning you that the warranty is void if you disassemble the device? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CJREYES666
Contributor - Level 1
If it turns red or pink then its void or if you remove it aswell.
0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

taliachi wrote:

Are you looking at a pink mark indicating it was wet or the sticker that says "VOID" on it that covers a screw head warning you that the warranty is void if you disassemble the device? 

0 Likes
taliachi

ooooh, it is the black sticker that says void. that isn't the sticker that changes colors?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The color changing sticker is on the battery. At least the one I saw.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes