WHY DOESN"T VERIZON RESPOND?
Ward02895
Enthusiast - Level 1

When are these (deleted innapropriate content to comply with VZW ToS) gonna get the Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Thunderbolt?????

Are they trying to intentionally lose customers, or is it just their normal way of failing to be responsive to customers?

Just wondering. Hey Verizon, R U out there somehwere? I doubt it, why would they want to waste money on customer service.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator (M)

0 Likes
Re: WHY DOESN"T VERIZON RESPOND?
bill_wildy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally gave up on Verizon to update my Thunderbolt so I finally had it (deleted content as per VZW ToS) and rom'd to ics.  Love the operating system and love getting rid of the bloatware.  Software for the(deleted) and rom was free but for 50 dollars they will sign in to your computer and assist you in setting it up.  Takes about 1 hour well worth it.  contact me at (deleted email address as per ) for the web site.

0 Likes
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

Heh, guess that answers your questions, eh?  They're here to (deleted content to comply with ..."Discussions of moderator actions on the boards" is not permitted) you but not help you.  That about sums up the Verizon experience these days.  At best, you'll have a rep pop into a thread and say "wow, I'm sorry you're having that problem.  Can you tell me more about it" and then you'll never hear from them again.  But towards the end of your 2 years, of course you'll get a phone call from them (as I did) about them bending over backwards to help you.  Where were they the previous year and a half?  Who knows.  But they sure care when it's time to renew!

Moral of the story, leave Verizon.  Every other company may be just as bad but you might as well give them the chance.  You already know what you're getting by staying with Verizon, and it's not much for the price. 

/rant

bill_wildy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Didn't know I used a bad word there.  (removed content per VZW ToS: "off topic, unrelated to solving the issue at hand").  Take it from there.  Hope this doesn't get censored.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
bill_wildy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am trying to help but because of Verizon's ToS I am unable to give this user the help he either wants or needs and apparently Verizon at this point in time will neither confirm nor deny the availability of ics for the Thunderbolt.  Verizon needs to respect their paying customers and at least them them know either progress or regress of this software.  Just monitoring and eliminating parts of message only fuels bad blood between Verizon, HTC and customers.  This will probably be off topic too and edited.  If so you may as well delete the original message as Verizon will not respond and apparently will let no one assist you.  If you notice Verizon no yelling, no screaming just facts.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

HTC has gone on record that the ICS update for the Tbolt has been delayed. At this point, I would be pointing fingers at HTC not Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

bill_wildy
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you noticed I included HTC in the last remarks.  The last I had heard was HTC had turned it over to Verizon to check out and add their bloatware (software they think the general public would want but not with the option to delete).  Never heard from the Verizon side that it was sent back to HTC for more tweaking.  When was this done so I can contact HTC with the information you will be updating me with and I'll need to know where you got your information so I can tell HTC.  Isaw the information I just posted on the HTC website a while ago.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Verizon doesnt respond for 2 reasons.

1) Talking about Modifying the phones OS is prohibited

2) these forums are set up as Peer to Peer and Verizon is only here to moderate the forum. They are not obligated to respond here.

If you need to discuss with Verizon, you would need to call their customer service number or their executive offices in order to get any response from them.

With the modification you made to your phone you will probably only get a response of your phone has been altered we cannot help you with anything on it.

0 Likes
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

Oh, the irony.  Thanks, Verizon!

0 Likes
camaro01octane
Enthusiast - Level 3

verizon knows this phone is a lemon but doesnt want to do the right thing with customers and get them a new phone. Plus alot of old alltel customers such as myself bought this phone before verizon changed there internet plan. So now you have to buy different internet packages where as us alltel customers are grandfathered in. There wanting us alltel customers to go with a different phone when our contract is up so we wont be grandfathered in with our internet package. very sad, verizon use to be very good with customer service and treating customers good but there going downhill fast

0 Likes