Re: WHY DOESN"T VERIZON RESPOND?
Not applicable

camaro01octane wrote:

verizon knows this phone is a lemon but doesnt want to do the right thing with customers and get them a new phone. Plus alot of old alltel customers such as myself bought this phone before verizon changed there internet plan. So now you have to buy different internet packages where as us alltel customers are grandfathered in. There wanting us alltel customers to go with a different phone when our contract is up so we wont be grandfathered in with our internet package. very sad, verizon use to be very good with customer service and treating customers good but there going downhill fast

You are grandfathered until your contract is up and then Verizon can un-grandfather you. So no they don't have to give you a crappy phone to do that. Even if you never upgrade after 2 years your contract is up and they can take away your grandfathered status. Honestly it's been nearly 3 years since Verizon bought Alltel you're lucky to still be grandfathered. Either be a Verizon customer or don't.

0 Likes
camaro01octane
Enthusiast - Level 3

if i wasnt grandfathered in i would go to att, not lucky at all, i didnt choose them to buy alltel.

0 Likes
mdodd1962
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hit reply to original post, but not sure which it is....just know I'm am so fed up with this phone its unbelievable.   Keeps shutting down completely and VERY often for no reason.   I've read a long string of comments about the exact problem I've been having and have kept up with it on and off for the last 3 months (the time the problem has been constant).    I've spoken with Verizon and HTC and the do the typical finger-pointing.    But it is obvious this has happened to a lot of people and has been going on a long time.

I've done the soft re-boot, the hard re-boot, the trying to put applications back one at a time.   I've checked to see if my battery was "warped" as was suggested in a few posts.    Since Verizon and HTC don't seem to want to do anything but do yet another hard re-boot, I'm at my wit's end.    I need a phone for work....I'm a travelling salesman.   And this thing is good for absolutely nothing.....great if it worked right, but just never does.

Don't get to upgrade until February when I'll have the opportunity to buy yet another $250 phone that may have as many problems as this one.   I guy that I respect says the Samsung Galaxy III is the best on the market.    Any views on that?   Or where you can actually get real, helpful support?  

My dumb posterior region just signed a bundled plan that commits me to Verizon for another 2 years, but only for the JetPack modem I bought.    It works just fine.   They can have their phone service after that.....I'll just pay the ridiculous data usage on it and find a carrier that tries to help.....if there is one.

sharonnnut
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been checking on other carriers -- I've been told that Sprint is fairly good, great customer service, their 4g is comparable to VZ's 3g, which is what my (vz) 4g phone only gets most of the time. And they still have unllimited Talk, Text, and Data!  VZ is way behind the times now, they never upgrade their operating systems, they charge for every Kb you use, and they're beginning to have the worst record of all the carriers for service; so we're just stuck with problem phones for 2 years.  My son also uses T-Mobile and has for years - he loves it.. I'm leaning that way. My contract is up in early 2013, and then I'm blowin' this VZ popsicle stand.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

sharonnnut wrote:

I've been checking on other carriers -- I've been told that Sprint is fairly good, great customer service, their 4g is comparable to VZ's 3g, which is what my (vz) 4g phone only gets most of the time. And they still have unllimited Talk, Text, and Data!  VZ is way behind the times now, they never upgrade their operating systems, they charge for every Kb you use, and they're beginning to have the worst record of all the carriers for service; so we're just stuck with problem phones for 2 years.  My son also uses T-Mobile and has for years - he loves it.. I'm leaning that way. My contract is up in early 2013, and then I'm blowin' this VZ popsicle stand.

Why did you choose Verizon if you are not happy with their plans(voice, data, texting), especially if your own son LOVES his provider which is someone other than Verizon.

0 Likes
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

Same reason most people probably did.  it was the best deal at the time or it had a different reputation at the time.  people's priorities and experiences change over time as do company's priorities and objectives.  I know a number of people who have decided Verizon is not worth the extra money they cost.  And fair enough, everyone has their own reasons for changing their minds.  I myself will also be leaving first chance I get for T-Mobile, mainly because I've decided that unlimited data is not worth the additional costs and terrible customer service (that and now Verizon does not support unlimited data while other carriers do.  As Verizon changes their business model, it makes sense people will adjust their perception of the company based on this). 

Not applicable

sharonnnut wrote:

If you don't want o be "stuck" with a phone for 2 years don't take a subsidized upgrade. Simple. Sprint has "unlimited" data not unlimited data. VZ is behind Sprint? Is that a joke? They NEVER upgrade OSes? Really. How did my phone get it's upgrade then? I must be on some special list for favored customers. Good luck with your new carrier IF you leave. I say IF because despite how many people say they are leaving less than 1% do every quarter.

0 Likes
sharonnnut
Enthusiast - Level 3

RSCHNOOR:  I said earlier - I've been with VZ for 13-14 years, I NEVER had one complaint until they changed their Plans and began charging us for every little thing we did. Even my TBolt phone has been "pretty good" up until the past 6 months or so (it's just over a year old now).  That's also when their cust. serv. went straight to the pitts. None of them knew anything, transferred to a tech person, they didn't know anything either except to reboot, check this setting or that - nothing helped and none of them would replace the phone.  I originally chose VZ because they were the BEST. That was a long time ago.  They are not the best now and haven't been for a couple years.  So there you go, a lot of common sense behind my opinion and now my departure!  Good enuff??

0 Likes
sharonnnut
Enthusiast - Level 3

Brian68 -- if you'll check your current version of your tbolt software, you'll likely find it is no less than TWO versions behind everyone else's.  And that was just rolled out this past May 2012!  It's not even up to Gingerbread. Besides, it really isn't the software version, I wouldn't mind that if the phone itself wasn't having severe problems - dropping calls constantly, turning itself off and not wanting to come on again - stuff like that is very frustrating.  NO, BRIAN -- I AM LEAVING. VZ has lost its ability to CARE about their customer base and don't seem to realize (or care) that this definitely affects their bottom line. If that changes, I may be back. But it won't happen anytime soon, promise you that.  But then, you know it all, right? Heeheehee... maybe you are special!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

sharonnnut wrote:

RSCHNOOR:  I said earlier - I've been with VZ for 13-14 years, If you said you had been with VZ for 13-14 years, it was not in THIS thread. I was only going on what you said in THIS thread. I don't necessarily track down each post you have ever made throughout the entire forum before I respond. I don't expect you to track down all my posts, either.

I NEVER had one complaint until they changed their Plans and began charging us for every little thing we did. Even my TBolt phone has been "pretty good" up until the past 6 months or so (it's just over a year old now).  That's also when their cust. serv. went straight to the pitts. None of them knew anything, transferred to a tech person, they didn't know anything either except to reboot, check this setting or that - nothing helped and none of them would replace the phone.  I originally chose VZ because they were the BEST. That was a long time ago.  They are not the best now and haven't been for a couple years.  So there you go, a lot of common sense behind my opinion and now my departure!  Good enuff??

0 Likes