Want to organize photos
la2fine

I have about a million photos on my ThunderBolt after just a month, so it takes lots of time to scroll and search for a specific photo..Is there any way I can create folders for the photos? I tried to do it with my SD chip in my computer and I was able to put them in folders, but when I returned the chip to the camera - folders were MIA! Yikes? Any ideas of how to organize? Thank you! Lisa O

0 Likes
Re: Want to organize photos
1deciple

Lisa, May I join you in searching for an answer to your question?  Reason: I too am frustrated that the Gallery  refuses to display my individual albums.  I have all my photos organized into folders ON MY COMPUTER,  However, when I copy them to the TBolt's SD card, Gallery removes them from the folders, jumbles them all up and makes me scroll/search like you are doing.  I wonder of this is a flaw/glitch in the Gallery software/program or if there is a way we can make Gallery display the individual folders as albums, and allow each to be opened independently.  Curiously, I downloaded a little photo app called "Fish Bowl Photo" from "Market" and it picks up and displays all the folders, allowing me to select one for viewing and even has a slideshow feature.  Too bad TBolt's Gallery program will not do this.

Arthur Bruce Robertson

0 Likes
Sborden
Enthusiast - Level 3

I created Albums on my Android phone on the SD card etc and i move the files into those folders via my PC or Astro file manager and the gallery shows them perfectly.

Example of File Structure below:

SD Card

Albums

Person Name

Truck

Kids

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

1deciple wrote:

Lisa, May I join you in searching for an answer to your question?  Reason: I too am frustrated that the Gallery  refuses to display my individual albums.  I have all my photos organized into folders ON MY COMPUTER,  However, when I copy them to the TBolt's SD card, Gallery removes them from the folders, jumbles them all up and makes me scroll/search like you are doing.  I wonder of this is a flaw/glitch in the Gallery software/program or if there is a way we can make Gallery display the individual folders as albums, and allow each to be opened independently.  Curiously, I downloaded a little photo app called "Fish Bowl Photo" from "Market" and it picks up and displays all the folders, allowing me to select one for viewing and even has a slideshow feature.  Too bad TBolt's Gallery program will not do this.

Arthur Bruce Robertson

When you move files into a folder the Gallery does not move the files, all files are organized by folders names and the names are organized in alphabetical order.

I group my images into folders that reflect the type of images I prefer using Astro or ES file explorer and after making changes some times you have to reboot to get the market to update directories location.   Also remember that there is a folder that will show all images or videos in one folder that gives impression that the files is in another folder but they are still in original location nut grouped by type of files.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
i was able to drag entire folders, which remained intact on the sd card + all the pics within the folders can be seen individually, using gallery software.
0 Likes