Weather Location
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

Anyone else having issues with the weather location on the home screen?  It worked great for the first few days...updated my location even when I traveled out of state...but now it either says "Current Location" or my state "Pennsylvania" as my location.

0 Likes
Re: Weather Location
NewDroidOwner

You should be able to update one of two ways:

First drag the weather down on your home screen.  It should automatically update.  It may recognize your current location, and then tell you that no data for the location is available.  Click the refresh icon, and you should be good to go.

The second thing that you will want to do, from the weather screen, is to click menu and then settings.  You will then have a choice to put a check mark in update when opened.  On my Thunderbolt, the "update automatically" option is grayed out, and the update schedule is set for three hours.  I would guess that that is fine in the interest of battery consumption. 

I haven't had the opportunity to travel since I purchased my Thunderbolt, but since I've had it there are three different areas  near home that I regularly travel to.  In most cases, by the time I have unholstered the phone, it has updated, but keep in mind that the building infrastructure that you are in may require a manual refresh.  

Hope you are enjoying your Thunderbolt as much as I am mine. 

0 Likes
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for the info, but it still doesn't work.  Anyone else know what might be going on?

0 Likes
kramer2228
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try tapping on the weather protion of the clock on your home screen, then the whather 'home page' ig uess you could call it whould pop up with your location should pop up.  On the lower left there should be the two arrows in a circle refresh icon.  tap that and the gps in your handset should re calibrate to your location. Sometimes mine automatically does it sometimes not so much so thats how i do it.

0 Likes