Whats a good app that backups your settings, apps?
kizzle53

What is a good app that I can use to backup my stuff on the thunderbolt? I head whenever we start getting the update that it will wipe all your apps? Is there any backup apps that I can use? I really dont wanna go back and redue everything.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Whats a good app that backups your settings, apps?
AZSALUKI
Legend

unless something goes wrong during your download or install, the update will not wipe anything. if you use google to sync your contacts or backup assistant, then they are safe. also, google knows what apps you have already bought so you can retrive those as well. i don't backup my apps because it's just not that big of a deal to me to simply go to the market and download them all again (if you actually had to reset your device). even if you back them up, you will have to reinstall them if they were lost. i wouldn't worry too much about it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

Since the phone is locked You can get programs MyBackupPro for example you can backup apps and other things but your saved games and app settings will be lost. IE: If you completed the game lets say "Angry Birds" you will need to do it all over again after the upgrade, Provided it truely does wipe the device. Make sure you have your contacts syncing to Google or Backup Assistante or both depending how you have them stored so they come back when you reconnect those services..

Mike

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

unless something goes wrong during your download or install, the update will not wipe anything. if you use google to sync your contacts or backup assistant, then they are safe. also, google knows what apps you have already bought so you can retrive those as well. i don't backup my apps because it's just not that big of a deal to me to simply go to the market and download them all again (if you actually had to reset your device). even if you back them up, you will have to reinstall them if they were lost. i wouldn't worry too much about it.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

titanium backup will backup up anything you want, even gam progress data

but it requires dentistry

0 Likes