When will I get the 4.3 update for my HTC one device?
san_man

I have also manually tried to update it by going to "settings-Software Update-Check new" and it always throws a popup back saying No new software update available.

Also as a note, when I click on "Settings-Software Update-Status" the popup is mostly blank

Source: Verizon Wireless

Name:

Code: 0

Date:

Time:

Description:

Wonder if this has to do in me not getting the update. In any event does anyone have ideas on how to fix my problem. As a note I did get the interim update that VZW pushed out in Oct/Nov

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I still have not got the 4.3 update for my HTC one device
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking for the update. Updates can take up to 3-4 weeks to push, but should be available to pull 10 days after the update. Can you please verify what baseband and software version you currently have? The current version is 2.10.605.1; Baseband: 1.12.41.1112_2. If that is not the version you have, please clear your system cache and check for the update again.

• Boot into recovery
  • Press and hold Power, Choose "Restart" option
  • When screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Power
  • When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”
  • Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”
  • When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
  • Using the volume button, scroll down to “Wipe cache partition” and select it.
  • Select "Reboot system now"

If no change, please let us know.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of questions.

Have you modified the OS software in any way?

Is there an active line and SIM card associated with the phone?

Are you checking for the update with a 4G LTE signal?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
san_man

I have not modified the OS at all.

Yes it is an active line with an active SIM card (havent changed anything since I bought it from the VZW store when they came out)

I have checked for it both with my Wifi and the 4G LTE signal (same result unfortunately)

0 Likes
googleplpayed
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received notification on the 17th and didn't do it. Now when i check to do the update i get the same problem. I'm about to convert mine to a google play edition so i get the ota's from google. I hate that if you call or live chat support that thier answer is a hard reset of the phone. THIS IS NOT ALWAYS THE ANSWER TO PHONE ISSUES VERIZON!!!!!

googleplpayed
Enthusiast - Level 2

just got done with tech support if you havent got the update by the end of the year they have to push a tcket so you can get it pushed SMH!

0 Likes
collegepartyboy

2 weeks since 4.3 rolled out.

I got a brand new HTC One on 12.16.13. I am running stock, have never changed anything on it.

Every time I "check new" under the software update, I get a No new software update available.

How can I receive this?

0 Likes
googleplpayed
Enthusiast - Level 2

well I'm in the same boat two weeks later and nada. Got on the line with HTC was told that its 100,000 phones being updated a day so that puts the count at 1.4 million phones it got pushed to now. It is weird that VZW hasn't allowed manual updates for this. HINT HINT VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking for the update. Updates can take up to 3-4 weeks to push, but should be available to pull 10 days after the update. Can you please verify what baseband and software version you currently have? The current version is 2.10.605.1; Baseband: 1.12.41.1112_2. If that is not the version you have, please clear your system cache and check for the update again.

• Boot into recovery
  • Press and hold Power, Choose "Restart" option
  • When screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Power
  • When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”
  • Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”
  • When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
  • Using the volume button, scroll down to “Wipe cache partition” and select it.
  • Select "Reboot system now"

If no change, please let us know.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
san_man

Thanks for the response. My software version and Baseband version is different from what you highlighted (1.10.605.2 and baseband is 1.12.42.0713) so I decided to follow your steps except that I am unable to go beyond selecting "RECOVERY". I dont get a triangle and exclamation...instead my phone just vibrates and shuts down.

Can you help with this? Thanks.

0 Likes
googleplpayed
Enthusiast - Level 2

Didn't work

0 Likes