Where are my contacts
angiem1211

Got my new Rezound today set up and activated. Now where are all my contacts from my Droid X??  Once I added FB those contacts showed up but the people I had in my contact list not on facebook are not there. How do I get them?

0 Likes
Re: Where are my contacts
B33
Legend

I Don't Know Bug Might of eat them Just joking a little Welcome to the Forum:   Have you looked in your Gmail Account on your Computer if they were set up that way once you put your Google Account in your new Phone it should Pop your Contacts up an into the Rezound. An also your X needs to be turned off before you turn you Rezound on for the first time an if you are programing it Now.

An if you used Back up Assistance i would say they would probably be still there. B33

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How were the contacts saved on the Droid X? Were they saved as phone contacts and possibly backed up with Verizon Backup Assistant? Or were they saved as Google contacts and would sync to your phone when you signed into the same gmail address on the new phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ann when i was programing my Razr i never seen a phone load up stuff as fast as it Did in Mere seconds my stuff was on it...Smiley Happy  Wow.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

B33 wrote:

I Don't Know Bug Might of eat them Just joking a little Welcome to the Forum:   Have you looked in your Gmail Account on your Computer if they were set up that way once you put your Google Account in your new Phone it should Pop your Contacts up an into the Razr. An also your X needs to be turned off before you turn you Razr on for the first time an if you are programing it Now.

An if you used Back up Assistance i would say they would probably be still there. B33

The original poster said they had a Rezound not a Razr.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
angiem1211

I got the contacts fixed, it didn't sync the first time.  Now my gmail is showing up twice under notifications w/ two different icons and two different lay outs??

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like your Gmail account has been loaded into the Mail application. You only need to access it through the Gmail application.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Dually Noted there Ann Sorry to the OP an we Adjusted the Post an will Move on.!   B33..

0 Likes
lrials618

How did you get the contacts to finally show up?  I'm having similar problems.  Got my Rezound last week and my facebook contacts are there but none of my gmail contacts.  I've checked all of the sync settings I could find in my phone, my google account and my gmail.  It says that it syncs the contacts from my gmail and even says how many contacts there are, but when I look for someone their phone numbers/other info aren't there.  I've restarted my phone....I've gone through the "set up" on my phone multiple times.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Maybe try opening up your People app, then select the people header at the top of the screen.  This will give you a drop down with options to show different contact lists.  Make sure your gmail contacts are selected.

0 Likes