White Triangle in Notification Bar; Won't Go Away
blucomet77

After I updated my One to the most current software, there was a white triangle for voice roaming in the notifications. I thought it was because I am going to college in a roaming location, but after returning home to an area that I know is not roaming, it is still there. How to I disable the notification or get rid of it completely? It damn annoying.

0 Likes
Re: White Triangle in Notification Bar; Won't Go Away
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

blucomet77 we'll do everything we can to help! To confirm, what zip codes are you experiencing difficulty in? Are you having any trouble using the service?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
blucomet77

I typically am in 64468, where I know there is roaming service, but I go to 64055 and still have the triangle. In 64468, I sometimes have missed calls randomly and when I call them back, they say it goes straight to voicemail. Sometimes I have problems with text messages actually sending. Otherwise, it's just the white triangle in 64055.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you please post a screenshot of this triangle?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
blucomet77

Screenshot_2014-11-24-13-41-23.png

0 Likes
blucomet77

I am currently in an extended network area and am not able to get to a Verizon network at the current moment.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There must be a setting in the mobile networks or in the Voice settings to turn on or off the voice roaming. As you are in an extended network, I would personally want to know if I'm roaming or not. It should go away once you are back in a native Verizon Wireless network. If it is not, you can always go into the setting and turn off the voice roaming.

What is your network type set to? LTE/CDMA or Global?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Usually if you touch the notification, it should open the settings area where the voice roaming options are housed.

0 Likes
blucomet77

I am on CDMA/LTE. I can turn off data roaming but not voice. Pressing on the notification only brings me to the home screen. If I long press on it to look at App Info, it takes me to the Phone app, which I cannot turn off notifications.

0 Likes