Why does my HTC Rezound constantly beep?
Pinebear
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had an HTC Rezound for about 18 months now and have had no problems.  However, recently it has begun randomly beeping for no apparent reason.  There are no notifications, no texts, no voice mail, nothing on the calendar, no Apps running and I have checked for every possible setting that might be causing this, but to no avail.

Looking back, it seems to have coincided with the installation of Android 4.05.605 which occurred on 05/02/13.

Another thought I had, is it possible that it beeps when switching between 1X and 3G, given that I live in a very rural area?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why does my HTC Rezound constantly beep?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Try pressing menu>settings, then, under the network heading press more and see if it is in there somewhere.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Pinebear!

Let's figure this out for you! i'm not showing any known issues with this device beeping. Do you notice any sort of pattern with this? Please check your sound settings-Menu/Settings/Sounds. Please also check your email account settings. Just pull up your email account and press Menu. Once you do this, monitor the device to see if it still beeps.

Let me know how this works out, thanks!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Pinebear
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply.  As I stated, I checked every possible sound setting I could find.  As for email, I have never set-up the phone for email since I do not use the phone for email.  And there is absolutely no pattern.  I've heard it beep several times within a few minutes and other times It may go for a day with no beeping; totally random.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

It might be beeping to indicate roaming (I don't remember if this is a setting or not).

0 Likes
Pinebear
Enthusiast - Level 2

You may be right.  It appears that anytime the type of service changes, it beeps.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Try pressing menu>settings, then, under the network heading press more and see if it is in there somewhere.

0 Likes
Pinebear
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, that was it.  Settings ==>Mobile Network ==> Data Roaming Sound

0 Likes