Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Why doesn't my front facing camera work?
Colonelz

my HTC Thunderbolt's front facing camera does not work. Every time that I try to use the front facing camera it would bring me back to the home screen. I went online to try and find the solution to fix it. I followed what the majority population has said: go to settings, then applications, then camera, and clear data. I did that and went to try to use the front facing camera again and it still brings me back to the home screen. I repeated the process as stated earlier several times with no success. I even restarted my phone several times and the camera still does not work. Some of the internet population have stated that it might be related to the Gingerbread update. I would just like a solution please.

0 Likes
Re: Why doesn't my front facing camera work?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi Colonelz:

Thanks for posting the steps that you've taken to resolve your camera concern. Do you have a camera application that you've downloaded that could be interfering with the function of the camera? If so, I suggest removing it and retesting. If the issue continues, I recommend a hard reset: http://bit.ly/IFyBN2 <--Steps.

Let us know if that's successful. I'd love to know the outcome of your situation.

Thanks,

MikeS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes