Why doesn't my mobile data work?
rahj

I have an HTC One all of a sudden my mobile data doesn't work.  My wireless works and I can make a phone call and send text messages but when I turn off the wireless my 4g or 3g doesn't do anything.  I have 3 bars so it isn't the signal. In the setting mode the mobile data section says turning on and then will

say disconnected.  The toggle switch is on.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: data disconnected
tylerw1285
Contributor - Level 1

Take your SIM card out and put it back in and see if it connects by checking......

Settings > Mobile Data > Preferred Network, Change from Global to CMDA/LTE.

Also will show Signal strength. If it is below -120 "-80 is good" then you are too far away from the tower you are connecting to.

The tower could also be over utilized meaning too many people are pulling off it.

Go About Phone, make sure your current, also status in there shows network state,ip,

I guess also make sure you aren't in Airplane mode lol.

Extender can be bought that adds 25 dbm if distance problem.

The Sim card could be bad if you don't see the IMEI number in the settings

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tylerw1285
Contributor - Level 1

Take your SIM card out and put it back in and see if it connects by checking......

Settings > Mobile Data > Preferred Network, Change from Global to CMDA/LTE.

Also will show Signal strength. If it is below -120 "-80 is good" then you are too far away from the tower you are connecting to.

The tower could also be over utilized meaning too many people are pulling off it.

Go About Phone, make sure your current, also status in there shows network state,ip,

I guess also make sure you aren't in Airplane mode lol.

Extender can be bought that adds 25 dbm if distance problem.

The Sim card could be bad if you don't see the IMEI number in the settings

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to get your phone's 3G and 4G services back up and running, rahj. Since you can place and receive calls and text, that tells me you're not in airplane mode, so that's a great start. Is this occuring in a particular zipcode? Try turning your phone off and taking the SIM card out for a moment. When you place the SIM back in and power it on, give it about 2 minutes to refresh it's connection with the wireless network and establish that 3G or 4G connection. We'll be here ready to help if you are still experiencing trouble.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
rahj

It is back up and running.

thanks

0 Likes