Re: Wifi issues after Android 4.4.2 update (specifically WEP issue with 2.4GHz router)
Tennis-Nut
Enthusiast - Level 1

My old Westell router is so out of date that it does not have WPA-2 capability, nor can it communicate via 802.11g or 802.11n standards.  HTC-One seems to only work with g or n unless you use the "HTC One" trick (which doesn't work when there are 2 devices with the same name on the same Wi-Fi network).

Update Feb 28, 2014: 

I use Verizon for my home phone + DSL.  I have had DSL service for almost 10 years.  So, I called them to ask their advice on how best to handle the issue with the old DSL router and its lack of communication with my HTC One smart-phones.  Verizon agreed to send me a new DSL router.  Thank you, Verizon!

My Wi-Fi network is now happily working with all old and new devices Smiley Happy

Bottom line:

• Upgrade your DSL ... sometimes you don't have to spend money to do so.

0 Likes
Re: Wifi issues after Android 4.4.2 update (specifically WEP issue with 2.4GHz router)
KC46
Enthusiast - Level 1

Holy Cow, I stumbled on this forum because I have the same problem where my HTC One won't connect to my home wi-fi.  The phone connects to every other wi-fi I try, and every other device I have can connect to my home wi-fi, it's just this one phone that won't connect to the one wi-fi.  I tried the device renaming trick, and to my surprise it worked!  I tried renaming it to something else, and it didn't work at first.  Then I renamed the phone to "HTC ONE", and that did the trick!