Wifi issues
Dkett

After the last two updates to my HTC rezound i have lost all use of WIFI and Bluetooth, WIFI continuously states that it is disconnected even after restarting the phone and switching it on. Bluetooth does something similar where it just sets it's self to off.

Have done everything i can think off apart from a factory restart which is next on the list.

0 Likes
Re: Wifi issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and happy Dkett,

Wifi and bluetooth are excellent network technologies that are almost required in today's wireless world. The LAST thing we want is for you to be inconvenienced by not having access to all of your device's functionality. May I have you share your exact software and build version that's installed on the phone. Also, can I assume that there isn't any physical or liquid damage on the Rezound? If not then try deleting all of the commonly used wifi networks, reboot, and retest your service. Once you have done so then please keep us posted, just in case more assistance is needed.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kgwkwc8

I am having wi-fi disconnect issues also. The best I can figure is that it started mid-May. It came to my attention due to a notification regarding my data usage. If more than one person is having an issue, it's an update, not the specific phone. Best as I can tell, the last verizon udate was 5/15/13. I am on version 4.0.3, htc sense version 3.6. The problem occurs with my both home and work wi-fi. I can turn wi-fi off, then on and be connected. If I go back later to use the phone, it will most likely be disconnected again. I have liked the phone up to this point, but it's becoming annoying. Can't imagine what it's like for someone who uses the phone more than I do

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Kgwkwc8,

That's not good! I know how important it is to have the features that you use most working properly. When did this issue start? Have you downloaded any new applications? Turn off the Celluar data when connected to Wi-fi to keep data charges from occuring when the Wi-fi connection drops. Keep me posted.

Thanks,
Pamela F.
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Dkett

Sorry i did not reply sooner, Build is 4.0.3

There is no damage to the phone what so ever, After a small OS update download several months ago i lost wifi ( around 6meg ), Then a few weeks later there was a larger OS download of over 200 meg which is when i also lost bluetooth.

I have deleted all apps from the phone including doing a factory reset and nothing.

Wifi seems to be constantly stating that it is turning on and before i can start a down load on anything it will have the pop asking " there are wifi connections nearby would you like to use them" I hit yes and it says their out of range.

Bluetooth on the other hand is constantly off, I will turn it on and it will just sit there stating "turning on" but it will remain greyed out for about a minute before just going back to "off".

0 Likes