Will I be able to use an HTC One in Africa?
kwabesei

Hi

Am interested in buying HTC One, Blue (Verizon Wireless) from Amazon with the below specs.

Factory Unlocked for any GSM SIM Card

Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad Core Processor

4G LTE

Beats Audio

HD Display

Can anyone confirm if this phone is already unlocked and can be used in Africa Specifically Ghana on any GSM network?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC One, Blue (Verizon Wireless) UNLOCK
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, kwabesei

That is a very good question, and that is also a great device. I am showing that you are able to use the HTC One while traveling to Ghana. If you were to use the phone while traveling outside of the United Stated it will have International rates. I do show that the per minute rate woudl be $2.89 per minute. Text rate would be $0.50 to send a message and $0.05 to reveive. The data rate is what will add up real quick. That would be $20.48 per MB of usage. I would suggest if you are going to use data to have it hooked up to wi-fi when ever you can. You can take a look at the full rate by following this link: http://vz.to/17KseUf If you have further questions please feel free to reach back out to us at anytime.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, kwabesei

That is a very good question, and that is also a great device. I am showing that you are able to use the HTC One while traveling to Ghana. If you were to use the phone while traveling outside of the United Stated it will have International rates. I do show that the per minute rate woudl be $2.89 per minute. Text rate would be $0.50 to send a message and $0.05 to reveive. The data rate is what will add up real quick. That would be $20.48 per MB of usage. I would suggest if you are going to use data to have it hooked up to wi-fi when ever you can. You can take a look at the full rate by following this link: http://vz.to/17KseUf If you have further questions please feel free to reach back out to us at anytime.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

It is Sim unlocked for international use. However don't use Verizon's global services, use a local cellular companies Sim which will be a load cheaper than what Verizon customer service wants you to use.

Good Luck

0 Likes