Will my texts from my HTC 8x transfer to the HTC One 8M?
amb166

Will all of my text message threads transfer over to the HTC One 8M (Windows) from my HTC 8x?  I had text message backup turned on, on the HTC 8x.  I want to know if this will work before I purchase the new phone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Texts from my HTC 8x to the HTC One 8M?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amb166,

Thanks for confirming that! Both these devices use the same back cloud assistance called One Drive (formerly Sky Drive). Your messages should back up there to allow for you to transfer them to the expected new phone.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amb166,

I can understand the importance of having all your information transferred over from one phone to another. Did you back it up into Verizon Cloud? Or what did you use to back it up?

KarenC_VZW

0 Likes
amb166

In settings, then backup, then text messages, it says ON.  Verizon Cloud isn't available in the Windows store.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amb166,

Thanks for clarifying that! What version of the One (M8) were you planning on? The Windows or the Android version?

SandyS_VZW

0 Likes
amb166

I was planning on getting the Windows version.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amb166,

Thanks for confirming that! Both these devices use the same back cloud assistance called One Drive (formerly Sky Drive). Your messages should back up there to allow for you to transfer them to the expected new phone.

SandyS_VZW

0 Likes