Will they ever help me?
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

I'm just so frustrated today. A lot going on, and to top it off this darn phone! Sorry this is just a rant, no specific technical issue today, just the whole phone in general.. HTC made a great paper weight. I've called them, they wont do anything. Verizon wont do anything either. I'm stuck for 20 more months with a phone that more than half the time doesn't work. I know there are others on this board that understand my frustrations as well. 

The only suggestion from the rep I spoke with was "there is an upgrade available this month" yup that would be my husbands. He's waited his contract out for a new phone, and is getting it. I wasted an upgrade in September for my phone. 

Like I said only a useless rant b/c nothing will be done, and I feel like I'm stuck with a company that wont do anything to help me out after being with them for years. 

Will they ever do anything for those of us with the thunderbolts that don't work properly?

And for the ones that swear by there's; I'm so jealous of you right now! 

0 Likes
Re: Will they ever help me?
budone
Legend

You dont state what the issue is in this post, yet you do mention something about 4G in another post, but the town you list, does not seem to be in a 4G service area,

I wanted to throw this out is data (or lack thereof has been an issue. It fixed my issue.

I gave the following steps to budone after ensuring all the settings were good in the switch:

1. Open Dial Pad - Dial: ##778 Send

2. Select: EPST Edit mode, Password: 000000

3. Select: Modem Settings

4. Select and modify Rev. A to ENABLED

5. Touch "Menu" and select "Commit Modifications"

6. The device will reset in 10 seconds.

Data Connection SHOULD return

While this likely would have been solved by a master reset, it's nice to avoid the tedious process whenever you can.  I hope this helps someone else out too.

MikeS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

Before I do that, just curious what exactly does doing that do to the phone?

I have one of the dreaded Thunderbolts with problems.. Just got a replacement not too long ago and it seems I'm still having the same problems where I live. I actually kept going into 1x while on the phone with the rep, but he repeated over and over, your in a 3G area so you should have at least 3G. But the phone turns on and off, my notifications aren't very loud since installing GB. Service where I live sucks on this phone! Only this phone. My husband has a droid X2 and no problems with his phone. Keeps service and everything, even where we live. So I do not understand when turning 4G off on my phone, why I still don't have service and go into 1x. Texts don't always go to who they are intended for, even after GB update. I still randomly drop calls, even if I'm in full coverage. But I guess I will just start calling in every time I have a problem. I'm just tired of doing factory resets when ever I call into tech support. 

I think my husband and I are about to swap phones. I really hate his phone, but it has service here at our house. I don't work outside of the home, so I really need a phone that keeps service. 

Again, thanks for your help. 

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Kyla1234 wrote:

Before I do that, just curious what exactly does doing that do to the phone?  It puts the phone back to Revision A data. eHRPD is not available everywhere but the phone may be set up to use eHRPD. Mine somehow got switched two days ago and I lost all data. By changing this brought back my 3G data. Cant hurt and if it does not work, change the setting back.

I have one of the dreaded Thunderbolts with problems.. Just got a replacement not too long ago and it seems I'm still having the same problems where I live. I actually kept going into 1x while on the phone with the rep, but he repeated over and over, your in a 3G area so you should have at least 3G. But the phone turns on and off, my notifications aren't very loud since installing GB. Service where I live sucks on this phone! Only this phone. My husband has a droid X2 and no problems with his phone. Keeps service and everything, even where we live. So I do not understand when turning 4G off on my phone, why I still don't have service and go into 1x. Texts don't always go to who they are intended for, even after GB update. I still randomly drop calls, even if I'm in full coverage. But I guess I will just start calling in every time I have a problem. I'm just tired of doing factory resets when ever I call into tech support. 

I think my husband and I are about to swap phones. I really hate his phone, but it has service here at our house. I don't work outside of the home, so I really need a phone that keeps service. 

Again, thanks for your help. 

0 Likes