Wont connect to internet over VZW network
zSwizz

Ok so I just got my HTC Thunderbolt yesterday and it wont connect to the internet over the Verizon network. It works just fine when it is connected to wifi. I have tried turning the mobile network on and off and everything but it still wont. 

BTW I can still call and text but everything that requires the internet does not work.

0 Likes
Re: Wont connect to internet over VZW network
Marklan

I have the same exact problem.  Haven't figured it out yet.

0 Likes
LaxinFish29

On the phone with tech support now for the same issue.

0 Likes
LaxinFish29

The guys at the verizon store did not register the sim card correctly.  I was able to use the phone and text but not the web.  A very nice lady at tech support fixed me right up.  Works great now.

0 Likes
Marklan

Factory data reset, and start over.  Got it working again.  For how long, who knows.

0 Likes
Cuda13

I had the same problem and tech support was going to send me a new one but I went into the store and they fixed it right up.  They said it was messed up during the initial activation.  No problem with internet over the last couple of days.  Now for my other issues......

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I live on the Fringe of 4G network.  My Brother in law had this problem, and hit battery life was subpar.

This fixed it for him

Factory Reset his phone

He used the dialer and put in *#*#INFO#*#*

Changed the CDMA+LTE to CDMA Only (PRL)

Then his did his setup as usual, and so far he hasn't had any problems since.  If you want to try that and see what happens by all means try it, but don't get mad at me if it doesn't work :smileysad:

0 Likes
DeannaSmarra

im having the same issue? a factory data reset will do it you think? 

0 Likes
superman2567

You can go to app store and download  the app called Phone Info then you can switch the settings anytime without having to put in the code all the time ,the app takes you directly to the settings.

0 Likes
scottl21
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same issue and the Verizon Store confirmed the problem and said a factory reset was the only way to get the 3G and Data service back.  I did the reset while in the store and it fixed the problem.

0 Likes