Yahoo email doesn't download anymore
kjp

All of a sudden my yahoo email quit downloading. The mail refreshes but no mail appears. My Gmail still works. Please help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Yahoo email doesn't download anymore
jnginkel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hmm..  Yahoo just came out with their own email android app.  I loaded it and now it's gettting the yahoo mail just fine.   I liked having all my email accounts together but this is ok for now ..... at least I can get it. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jnginkel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem.  All of a sudden (today) none of my incoming email will download (yahoo, Outlook, etc..)  I can send email but nothing will download.  

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
There have been similar reports by users in the Droid X section of this community. Sounds like Yahoo has been making some server changes on their end which affects the end users.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jnginkel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tested further...  it's only Yahoo mail that doesn't work.   Looks like other Android phones are having the same problem.

0 Likes
jnginkel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hmm..  Yahoo just came out with their own email android app.  I loaded it and now it's gettting the yahoo mail just fine.   I liked having all my email accounts together but this is ok for now ..... at least I can get it. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I think that the Yahoo application has been available for sometime. They may have updated it recently.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
can you get it thru yahoo.mail? i use web mail in stead of the app.
0 Likes
koosh

There are instructions on Yahoo's website:  http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail/android  

Click on the imap tab at the bottom.  It worked for me.  Good luck.

0 Likes
MawThunderbolt

I had this issue, starting today. I went to the yahoo mail site, checked the mobile settings and they were not any different than the ones that were set up when this phone was set up. After reading these posts, I decided to try the official yahoo mail application and it seems to be working fine now, but I actually preferred what came on my thunderbolt. I guess Yahoo just wants you to use their official app.

0 Likes
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

While the app is nice, it doesn't give you enough settings and it drains the battery.

0 Likes