caller id
Jesslem

when someone calls me if the area code is not saved in my contacts in comes up as unknown caller, and if i dial someone and don't put it the area code it says unknown again, anyone else have this issue,  i do not want to go in and change all of my contacts.

0 Likes
Re: caller id
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Jesslem wrote:

when someone calls me if the area code is not saved in my contacts in comes up as unknown caller, and if i dial someone and don't put it the area code it says unknown again, anyone else have this issue,  i do not want to go in and change all of my contacts.

For the last ten years I have always saved and used all ten digits for dialing on a cell phone.  Many places require to dial on ten digits now for local calls.  It doesn't matter if you are dialing from a landline or a cell phone.  It might be easier in the long run to change your contacts to have ten digits for the phone numbers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: caller id
budone
Legend

I have entered ten digit numbers in my phone for ages. (I also remember as a kid being able to call my friends who had the same exchange as me with just the last 5 numbers and also 3 line party lines) 

I would take time to add the info. At some point you will either move to an area or your area will change to where it will be required. Verizon and all carriers reuire it for your contact info to show up.

Now it is times for this old man to take his Geritol and caster oil.

0 Likes