car dock mode
speedygw

So, Verizon, if you're reading this, hold you fist in front of your face. Stick out you thumb and forefinger and hold them about a half an inch apart. That's how close you are to giving me a fully functional phone running Gingerbread! Since the first failed update the car dock mode has not worked properly and I've had to unplug the dock, dock the phone, then plug the dock back in in order to have a car dock mode. Every time I do this it remindes me that something is not working that used to before the update. I drives me crazy and detracts from my overall satisfaction in the phone. I read all the criticism of this phone's problems, few of which I have experienced. I love this phone. I waited and waited for it to come out and have really enjoyed it but the update really screwed that up. These phones are just the sum of all their various features. If enough of those features stop working,if they ever did, what use is the phone. I haven't tryed Google talk yet. As of the previous update it didn't work. I am cautiously hopefull that will work. After all it's one of those features I waited for, and continue to wait for.

0 Likes
Re: car dock mode
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

speedygw wrote:

So, Verizon, if you're reading this, hold you fist in front of your face. Stick out you thumb and forefinger and hold them about a half an inch apart. That's how close you are to giving me a fully functional phone running Gingerbread! Since the first failed update the car dock mode has not worked properly and I've had to unplug the dock, dock the phone, then plug the dock back in in order to have a car dock mode. Every time I do this it remindes me that something is not working that used to before the update. I drives me crazy and detracts from my overall satisfaction in the phone. I read all the criticism of this phone's problems, few of which I have experienced. I love this phone. I waited and waited for it to come out and have really enjoyed it but the update really screwed that up. These phones are just the sum of all their various features. If enough of those features stop working,if they ever did, what use is the phone. I haven't tryed Google talk yet. As of the previous update it didn't work. I am cautiously hopefull that will work. After all it's one of those features I waited for, and continue to wait for.

I am having the same problem with my Car Dock. I have the "Oficial" Car Dock from HTC and it was working just fine beofr GB. Now the only way Car Dock mode starts is if the Dock is unpluged. Ther is a work around but it's anoying and I forget to plug the thing in wich drains my Batery. I was hoping this would be fixed with the update aprently not.

As for G-Talk it works great with the update so theres that at least.

0 Likes
speedygw

Yeah, me too! I drive quite a bit so it's one of those features I use a lot, every day. I have the official dock as well and it used to work. Hello, Verizon? Are updates really supposed to TAKE AWAY features? I'm looking foreward to it's return. 

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Did u get the newest gingerbread? I got something never had gingerbread before on thunderbolt. It sure made the phone a bigger incredible 2. Keeps on loseing weather clock widget. What # is the newest version?
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

gina7289 wrote:
Did u get the newest gingerbread? I got something never had gingerbread before on thunderbolt. It sure made the phone a bigger incredible 2. Keeps on loseing weather clock widget. What # is the newest version?
Android 2.3.4 and Software number 2.11.605.5 I got the full update from FroYo to Gingerbread on 10/27/2011.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SoCaliEd

I feel your pain.  I had a glitches, flawless functioning HTC Thunderbolt, that is until one Sunday Morning 3 weeks ago.  Now, the screen is hosed, the apps work when they want to.  The live wallpaper freezes and requires a restart to work.  To put the phone in Dock Mode or Car Dock Mode, I use an app.  But I, like thousands of other T-Bolt users, truly believe this update was an update from hell.  Whoever tested the code must be from Venus and the devices could not have been fully working models.  How is it possible to release a mandatory, automated update and not "care" about the consequences?  I think Verizon has gotten "too big for it' britches" and needs to be brought back down to a reasonable, approachable level.  I have filed complaints with eh BBB and the California Public Utilities Commission about all the problems I have with the Wireless Service, Data Services, Connectivity, Dropped Calls with varying results (99% in my favor).  Now, I'll add intermediate functioning phone.  This whole episode involving the problematic is unbelievable, considering the amount of money I pay per month.  Couldn't the technicians figure this one out or are we the testers?  

0 Likes
metro67

I am disappointed with Gingerbread as well.  Car dock mode worked flawslessly before the update, now it only works if the charger is not plugged into the dock.  **bleep**?  I downloaded the "Car Mode" app which works OK but is not convenient.  Also, before when I docked it, I had the option to go to the desktop which would give me a landscape view of the desktop.  That doesn't work at all anymore.  I was hopeful that the update I got today 12/22 would fix the issues but no such luck.  I wish I had never updated to Gingerbread.  Nothing I've seen in it so far was worth it.

0 Likes