htc confirms ICS for tbolt....again.....
AZSALUKI
Legend

well they have been issuing official responses so i suppose they are still planning on pushing the ICS update for the tbolt, but they still wont say when so i wouldn't hold your breath (they made similar official announcements back in august):
http://www.technobloom.com/htc-thunderbolt-ice-cream-sandwich-update-planned-according-to-company/22...

i will be grabbing the note II so i don't really care much anymore. however, i do still feel like people are justified in being disappointed over this. i understand the complications with updates and i understand that eventually phones will not get updates, after they are so old. however, this was the first LTE phone on the market and was barely 6 months old when ICS launched. today, it is barely a year and a half old, but is now 2 versions behind in the OS. pitty, if you ask me. i still think the bolt was the best on the market when it launched, and it still runs great for me today. i just wish that when i sign a 2 year contract, i could be confident that what i purchased will be supported for that same 2 year period. i know this is an issue with android in general and i understand that i shouldn't buy something in hopes of what it may be able to do a year later, but i do still believe that the very high end devices should be kept up to date. it seems like you will have to buy a new phone every time there's a new version of android if you want to be positive that you will have the latest version.

/end rant

0 Likes
Re: htc confirms ICS for tbolt....again.....
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

At least they haven't canceled the update yet. So it could be worse.

Typing this from my Tbolt right as I switched to it earlier this week to test some issues I was having with the network. I still manage to like using it especially that massive battery. 🙂

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i never wanted the battery, but i had to get it when i tested ICS (cpu never sleeps with the bad kernel) and now that i'm back on GB, i can't believe how long this thing runs....lol. should have got it a year ago!!!!

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For a brick that 2750 mAh battery sure does last long. 😄

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes