htc thunderbolt will not charge
frankstbolt

Hi guys,

I have the htc thunderbolt and it won't charge past 11% It started discharging overnight a couple of days ago while the charger was connected. I changed chargers and it worked for a day. Now I have it on safe mode to see if it will charge this way, but it still won't charge.

My original tbolt was replaced on 12/12/12 because the volume up button stopped working. Verizon sent me a replacement so i've had this phone about a month and a half.  I'm using the extended battery that was bought maybe 18 months ago.

Anybody have any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: htc thunderbolt will not charge
frankstbolt

Nevermind, Verizon is replacing it with a htc incredible 4g which is a newer phone but not one I wanted. I already have a bunch of accesories for a tbolt. Maybe I'll just buy an old tbolt online and keep the incredible 4g as a back-up phone. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
CJPala09

I'm suddenly having a similar issue.

It's been fine until a few days ago, but even though the phone says it's fully charged it's shutting down in just a few minutes - or every time I try to do something.  Did you get any other info from them?

I installed the ICS 4.04 update yesterday, but this problem had already started a few days ago.  I figured that while I had to install a new OS anyway, I would go ahead with it.

0 Likes
frankstbolt

cjpala09,

sorry man i just did a bunch of troubleshooting myself like, trying different chargers, different outlets, bought another battery, tried charging on safe mode just in case an app was the culprit of the battery drainage, reset back to factory settings and nothing worked.

Verizon sent me a droid incredible 4g cos they said they were all out of tbolts. The droid inc4g is smaller by .3 inches but I'm already getting used to it.

Hope you get your tbolt working fine, bro.

0 Likes
CJPala09

Did you just contact Verizon when you got your replacement?   Was it a new or refurbished unit, and did they supply a battery with the Incred?

0 Likes
frankstbolt

I received the inc4g on wednesday night, it looked brand new but it's probably refurbished. It came in its case with a charger, battery, sim card and manual.

Activated it, but couldn't get my contacts to sync and i couldn't make any calls.  Went to a verizon store, bought an extended battery and screen protectors and the verizon rep. activated the phone for me. Apparently the sim card was defective and she used a new one.

No more battery problems and i have a back up battery just in case. The smaller screen is kind of a bummer but I'll get used to it. I'm a satisfied customer again. Smiley Happy

Good luck, man.

0 Likes
CJPala09

Thanks . . . .  thanks for the info, and your replies.

Just curious, did you call Verizon or go to a Verizon store to get your replacement / new phone?

Also, does the Incredible use the same battery?

I may take that route if the new battery I ordered online ($12 w/free shipping) doesn't fix the issue.

Cheers

0 Likes
frankstbolt

cjpala09,

I called verizon to tell 'em about my problem and they fedex the new phone. No bro, the inc4g uses a different battery. I hope you only have a bad battery cos i prefer the tbolt's bigger screen to the inc4g's tiny screen.

Hope the battery works out for you, man. 😃

0 Likes