"Free" Hot Spot promo ends soon. Do I need to cancel?
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Do we Thunderbolt owners have to cancel this feature so we don't incur a continuing charge?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "Free" Hot Spot promo ends soon. Do I need to cancel?
Not applicable

Right now on your account, the feature is listed as a free hotspot.  Until the promotion ends, continue to use the hotspot at no cost.  How it will work after the promotion ends: It will route you to a page after you enable the mobile hotspot and connect your pc in Internet Explorer to sign up for the feature and accept any monthly charges associated with using that feature.  We will definitely not surprise you.

I hope this answers  your question. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It's "supposed" to be an opt-in type thing so after May 15th, it'll prompt you to add the optional mobile hotspot if you try to use it.  There are rumors that Verizon may extend the promotion due to the recent nationwide outage and flaky service since then.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Right now on your account, the feature is listed as a free hotspot.  Until the promotion ends, continue to use the hotspot at no cost.  How it will work after the promotion ends: It will route you to a page after you enable the mobile hotspot and connect your pc in Internet Explorer to sign up for the feature and accept any monthly charges associated with using that feature.  We will definitely not surprise you.

I hope this answers  your question. 

0 Likes
FormerNavy
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
u go to the Android market under Verizon to select the new mobile hotspot if u want it. It will tell prices as well as if u accept it to update the Hotspot. If u don't want to have it u do nothing. Don't know the price yet but it will tell u. Customer service told me today. It will shut off on the 15th so u can't use internet explorer if u have no other internet source. That's why ur going to able to go to the market.
0 Likes